Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish problem!!!

Options
  • 04-08-2006 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Can anyone help. I have an aquarium with lots of rather expensive large fish, but i have got two big oscars that are growing way to big on me and are eating some of the others now. BOOOO. They are now bout 6 inches long each, but i have rang my local aquarium and asked them would they take them back of me, but they said no, because they grow too big and no one wants them. I haven't got the heart to flush them..... so does anyone know anywhere that might take them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Whereabouts are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Try the forum on www.irishfishkeepers.com. You may be able to get someone there that's interested in taking them off your hands.

You could also try the Aquatic Village in Brittas. They're about the biggest fish shop in Dublin and would have the space to take them if they're interested.

Did you know how big oscars grow when you bought them?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

If your tank is big enough you need to kinda divide off parts (not watertight but just different areas) because Oscars are territorial and will eat any small fish that come into their area. also provide places that the other fish can swim into that would be hard for the Oscars. You would need a 5 or 6 ft tank for 2 Oscars with other fish if you want them all to live together..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

That happened to me a while ago, I bought a smaller tank and put the 'victims' in there. They seemed pretty happy and have been fine ever since. But if you do, do that be careful because some fish can get really stressed out. So act like you did when you first got your fish and tank. They should be fine.

Advertisement