Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SEnding/receiving SMS on cordless fixed line phone

• 04-08-2006 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Just got a new cordless fixed line phone and it has send/receive SMS facility. Got phone in Maplins so I suspect stored settings are British.
    If I want to send SMS to it from mobile it says I should send to 07786201, and there are message centre numbers for send and receive set in the phone. I cant send an SMS from the phone so I assume the number is not appropriate for Ireland.

What numbers should I put in phone for send and receive SMS?
    What number should I send to from mobile?

Anyone any clues?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

i think you may need to give eircom a call to enable sms sending. i think we had to do that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Service centre 1: 17409900
    Service centre 2: 0818365135

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Thank JohnnieM for the service centre numbers. Any idea what number a mobile sends texts to to get them to the fixed line number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Thank JohnnieM for the service centre numbers. Any idea what number a mobile sends texts to to get them to the fixed line number?

Just send them to the phone number of the house ...ie 01 *******Once you have an sms enabled handset (activate caller id too) should receive ok

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

JohnnieM wrote:
    Service centre 1: 17409900
    Service centre 2: 0818365135
    will this be sound for BT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Yeah they will be ok for BT

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

I'm not sure if one can receive texts from an international number via Eircom - for example, I don't think you can send texts abroad with a home phone, either? Also, 07786201 isn't a valid UK mobile number (nor Irish number of any sort). 07xxx is a UK mobile prefix but a UK mobile number's total length would be 11 digits (5 for STD + 6 for actual number).

Advertisement