Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pipe/Wire/Wood Detectors

Options
  • 04-08-2006 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

Thinking of buying one of these 3 in 1 detectors. Looking at a Bosch one at about GB£60 as I figure it will do a proper job compared to cheaper one. Any advice on these and how acurate they are? Are they worth the money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hargo

bought one for 20 about 4 years ago and it is useless. don't know if they have improved or that was just too cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Yeah I've seen the cheap ones. I'd presume this one must do the job for the price it is. Buying it from a place in the UK at a good price compared to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Could try going into a hardware shop and asking to try one out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I bought that one out of the argos catalogue, about 75 notes and it is useless. I have no confidence in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I went for a bosch one, hopefully not as useless as your one. For 75 euro though I'd expect it to work. Can you bring it back to Argos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hargo

lets know how it works when you get it.

Advertisement