Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question?

Options
  • 04-08-2006 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

When we get our results back on them A4 sheets will they have the points on the back of them like A1= 100 ect so we can calculate our points?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Why?

http://websr3.cao.ie/index.php?page=scoring ; click "Leaving Certificate Points Calculation Grid"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Y I was wonderin that too. I know some schools calculate them for students and enclose it with your results but for me that spoils the relults. I think it would be better to have to do it yourself using a calculator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

They don't print it on the back cause the points are a CAO thing which is (kinda) independent from the results, though obviously the results u get determine what offer they give you....

Some schools do work it out, but it's best to just write out on a sheet what points u get for various subjects + bring a calculator with you imo. Last year my school actually worked them out wrong for a couple of people. It was grand for one guy cause he actually had got 10 more, but for someone else they'd added the seven + he'd got less than they said. He only realised cause he said "could u just check that for me?".

Incidentaly in my first LC, the maths teacher of all ppl added someones wrong, 5 points out on each subject + one of the girls was there thinking for ages that she hadn't got her course before realising that she'd gotten 30 more points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

I can see myself having some fun trying to work out my points total, especially if it's in or around the amount I need for my course, which it probably will be. Quadruple checking may be in order.

...I should stop coming onto this forum, it makes me nervous. I'll forget about the results five minutes after I leave boards but right now, eugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you get an a4 sheet with your results on it...

eg. accounting..... A1

then down the bottom of the sheet (where a letter footer would go) it gives...

90%-100% ... A1 etc.etc.

my school had a photocopy of the points table in the envelope aswell but didn't really need it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement