Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell, Again.

Options
  • 04-08-2006 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭

I've been having problems with Dell and their customer support. I've just sent this e-mail off. I would like peoples opinions on what more I could or should do.
    Dear sir/madam,
    I have had repeated problems with Dell's technical support service ever since a flaw developed in or about June. An engineer came to my house and tried to repair my system which he could not do on the first day. He returned a second day, and could not repair it then, he recommended that I return the system to Dell and let it be looked at in a repair centre.

As this was a lessor form of service than I have paid for, and it would result in me needing to take time off work, I was promised a phone call telling me what time of the specified day the system would be picked up. This did not happen. I was also told that if Dell could not arrange this I would be contacted and told the name of the courier company so I could arrange the pick up myself. This also did not happen, despite assurances from Dell. And I had to take a third day off work.

The courier company then phoned me and told me they could not come to my house. I had to deliver the system to the courier myself. This was repeated when the system was to be returned to me. I had to pick the system up from the courier company myself. Despite Dell informing me that the system would be picked up from my address. This meant I had to fourth day off work.

When I had the system back at my house, I discovered that there was another problem, the graphics card had been damaged while Dell had the system, I also started to encounter random blue screen errors. An engineer had to come out to the house and replace the graphics card, meaning I had to take a fifth day off work. He informed me that the blue screen error could be a once of problem, but if it continued to get on to Dell again.

Since then I have had repeated, random blue screen errors. I have followed all advice given to me by e-mail from Dell to no avail. I have now called Dell and I will need to have the hard drive replaced by an engineer. This will mean I have to take a sixth day of work.

The service I have received from Dell has been appalling. The computer has never been repaired to a satisfactory standard. I have had to take accept a lesser form of service than that which I have paid for with my warranty. I have had repeated assurances and guarantees from Dell broken.

I would like an immediate response from Dell, by return, assuring me when and how these problems will be resolved.
    Regards,
    Buceph.

I've taken out all personal details, natch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

demand a refund and if no reply commence small claims court procedure might make them smarten up a little

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

demand a refund and if no reply commence small claims court procedure might make them smarten up a little

No point messing around with them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

The computer is nearly three years old...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Why does that matter. You paid for a service. They haven't provided it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

hey Buceph,

"The courier company then phoned me and told me they could not come to my house. I had to deliver the system to the courier myself. This was repeated when the system was to be returned to me. I had to pick the system up from the courier company myself. Despite Dell informing me that the system would be picked up from my address. This meant I had to fourth day off work."

the courier company is interlink ? they are crap and i would have called back into dell to get them to come collect it.

I would advise you keep at at it until they fix your issue. If they cant fix it they should supply a similar spec'd pc.

I would also suggest calling them and make sure you speak to a manager someone who can assure you that it will be fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mel123

Dell customer service/support is a disgrace. No point in taking any more days off work or spending time writing them letters/emails, they just fall on deaf ears. Just persue small claims court immediately...if more people did this mayne Dell might shake up their act!

Does anyone know of a direct e-mail address for Dell customer support? Not going through forms.

SUCCESS!

After bringing in the professional big guns, ie. my mother, Dell have agreed to replace the entire system, with the same or better components. It seems once you get on to a resolution representive rather than a standard phone tech things move a lot faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Nice one. Seems fair, after all, you didn't get the service level you paid for.

They've already replaced the system in effect though. There's not one original part apart from the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

sweet, nice result.

i'll lock the thread as the issue is concluded

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement