Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracking down a certain debug error...

Options
  • 04-08-2006 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that someone with a bit more C++ development experience than myself can help out here.

I'm using Visual Studio 6.0 to develop a DLL that will function as an audio effects processing plug-in (VST format, in case anyone is familiar with it). I'm using an SDK for the development, this includes a number of sample VC++ 6 projects which build and run without any trouble.

The problem is this: when I try to load my plug-in into a host application, I get an debug error. It varies depending on the host I use, but looks something like this:
    Debug Error!

Program: C:...cubasesx.exe

DAMAGE: after Normal block (#46) at 0x.....

Abort/Retry/Fail

I'm led to believe this is due to a memory corruption/overrun of some sort. Problem is, my debugger won't give me any clues as to what is going on... Does anyone have any advice on what strategies I could use to track this bug down, apart from going through my thousands of lines of code, line by line...

The error also occurs when the plug-in is closed, in case this information helps...

Thanks!

(sorry about the double post, someone feel free to delete one of these)

Advertisement