Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick Question Regarding VRT

Options
  • 04-08-2006 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Just a Quick question i no that if your livin in the uk for 6 month etc your ex from vrt but cant sell it for a year, but my question is are you limited to one car in a life time without Vrt? Just my dad friend told him you can only eve bring in 1 car ex vrt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

I never heard that end of it, but afaik the car must be owned in the UK for a set period, i dont know what it is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

As far as i no it has to Reg in your name and at a Address for 6 month..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Ah thats it so.
    Ill make it worth your while to buy my Testarossa that way... :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Well see the plan was my dad was going to give me the money to buy a car for him drive it for 6 month bring it over here so he can drive it...Ex vrt my just question being can i only do this once.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

AFAIK, it's one every 5 years. I'd double check that with VRT, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

It all depends on the individual you meet on the day in the VRO as to how sticky they are on letting you away with the VRT. They may ask for insurance certs, petrol reciepts etc. they may also look for your employment details abroad etc. It all depends on whether you appear genuine or whether they think you are pulling a fast one. AFAIK you will want to have at least 7500 klms on the clock. As I said it depends who you meet on the day, they could just stamp the form and issue the number or they could make it as difficult as possible for you, best to be prepared, but act dumb!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I looked into myself and from what I gather you have to be living in the UK for at least a year and own the car for six months. It does not count if you are abroad for study. You do have to prove the car was insured and you can only bring in one every 5 years. You cannot sell the car for a year after you move back also.

As mentioned you need lots of proof you lived in the UK, ferry receipts, wage slips bank statements etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

wingnut wrote:
    I looked into myself and from what I gather you have to be living in the UK for at least a year and own the car for six months. It does not count if you are abroad for study. You do have to prove the car was insured and you can only bring in one every 5 years. You cannot sell the car for a year after you move back also.

As mentioned you need lots of proof you lived in the UK, ferry receipts, wage slips bank statements etc.

Incorrect - just 6 months - I have recently done this after living in Scotland from October - June

Advertisement