Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPD pedals or platforms

Options
  • 04-08-2006 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

I used to do a lot of road miles, but since I got a real job, family, mortgage etc., I've turned into a fat b$%&ard, so it's about time I got back on the bike. I'm easing into it, but I *need* to get some clipless pedals ASAP. I used to use Look pedals back in the day, and I just can't handle platforms, even now. I want to use the bike for commuting, and runs to the shop in addition to racking up the miles, so I won't be wearing cleats 100% of the time. Shimano PD-M424s look to be the ideal compromise. A plastic cage pedal, with a double sided MTB style SPD mechanism in the middle. The SPD hardware just pushes out of the way when you're wearing your favourite trainers. They are a bit big and clunky though.

Way back when I used to have these adapters that were basically a platform with toeclips that had a Look cleat in the bottom. I'd just clip them in when I wasn't using my Sidis. I can't find them anywhere anymore. Does anyone know where I can get something like it? Even ones that are just a plain platform (with no toeclips) will do. I've not bought the pedals yet, so anything that's Look or SPD compatible will do.

Gary

Comments

Advertisement