Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bike computer

Options
  • 04-08-2006 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

can anyone recommend a make of bike computer (or where on the web to buy them) with everything including heart monitor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 billyk

cat eye cc-hr200dw double wireless heart rate
    http://www.cateye.com/uk/products/viewProduct.php?modelId=3&catId=6&subCatId=0
    about 150 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

billyk wrote:
    cat eye cc-hr200dw double wireless heart rate
    http://www.cateye.com/uk/products/viewProduct.php?modelId=3&catId=6&subCatId=0
    about 150 euro

I would say that is the best one out there cateye is always good and never screws up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

I have 2 of the Polar C100 computers. Does everything I need and they're available for around 90 quid. It's wireless too so the install is really straightforward. Has settings for 2 bikes.

On the offchance you have a Polar HRM already, look for the C100b which comes with everything except the heartrate transmitter - It'll cut the cost to around 60 which is a bargain IMHO.

Cheers,

Gil

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭netvista

thanks lads will have a look at both options

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I had/have a specialized one, it's pretty much broken and just tells the time, but when it did work the speed refresh rate was a bit slow, it didn't update the speed quickly enough, maybe becasue it's wireless, how does that cateye one compare? What other ones haave a heart rate monitor for about 100, can they be hooked up to a pc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Fabritzo wrote:
    I had/have a specialized one, it's pretty much broken and just tells the time, but when it did work the speed refresh rate was a bit slow, it didn't update the speed quickly enough, maybe becasue it's wireless, how does that cateye one compare?
    I have a really basic wired Cateye (mity3) and it updates the speed immediately; I presume the more expensive ones do also.

Advertisement