Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mainz thrash Liverpool

• 04-08-2006 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

No thread already ?

Yes it's pre-season but to lose 5:0 to a relegation type team is hardly the most impressive of build ups.
    Is that 3 straight defeats now ..... ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Its already being talked about in the Liverpool thread. No need for a seperate thread.

Also, i think boards.ie has a fishing forum, you might be better suited to it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Is it compulsary to post in the transfer thread for matchday updates now ?

:confused:

Fishing you say ?

Might be of more interest to me than a transfer thread which also serves as a match thread for us non-pool fans.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

d22ontour wrote:
    ....but to lose 5:0 to a relegation type team is hardly the most impressive of build ups.
    Is that 3 straight defeats now ..... ?

:D Snigger :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

aidan24326 wrote:
    :D Snigger :D

[points] avater theft.............(forgets to mention that a user named Mutz had the avater when I selected it 3 years ago)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Yeah...pretty terrible. Dont know whats happening. Woeful pre-season so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Big Ears wrote:
    [points] avater theft.............(forgets to mention that a user named Mutz had the avater when I selected it 3 years ago)

Didn't know anyone else had it when I chose it.

Anyway back on topic, hee hee hee. 0-5 against the mighty Mainz. A respectable result really. Always damage limitation when you go up against a superior outfit. Did well to keep the score to 5, Benitez must be pleased. I hear Harry Kewell was actually seen running at one stage. Must have forgot himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

pre-season form doesn't mean anything. unfortunately!

Teams are always trying new players, and old ones in new positions and bringing on lots of subs. It's disappoining for the fans who went to the match, but beyond that, it has no relevance to upcoming leagure form. (may the reds prove me wrong :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool have played mainly the new boys in defence and they don't know each other or the keeper and these defeats will focus some minds. The side that plays in the CL qualifier and Charity Sheild will look somewhat more familair. So don't get cocky anyone.

Mike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Not many teams have played there keeper out field in the pre-season games.

Inspired tactics could like, could so totally confuse Barca in the group stage! :p

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

mike65 wrote:
    Inspired tactics could like, could so totally confuse Barca in the group stage!

LOL....but we cant get Barca in the group stage we are a top seed,another thing Mr Mourinho has been banging on about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

We're not in the group stages yet lads. One game at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

From what I've just seen of highlights, Carson was terrible in goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

The few times I have seen Carson play I havent been impressed. Has he been on loan at all? He looks like a guy that could do with a season in the championship.

He was with Sheffield Wednesday for a while last season, they wanted to buy him at one point.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

he gets a bit excited rushing out from his line alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Apperantly he did very well at Wednesday aswell. Another season on loan would do him good. Sitting on his ass at liverpool this season wont help him at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

mike65 wrote:
    He was with Sheffield Wednesday for a while last season, they wanted to buy him at one point.

Mike.

he was unreal for wednesday last year.played about last 10 games, turned us around.
    he coincided with our strikers actually scoring (tudgay and burton).
    we tried really hard to get him back this year cus he would be worth about 30 points to us, but liverpool dlayed and delayed their decision cus they didnt know if dudek was going.there was no doubt in carsons mind that he would play again for wednesday next season.instead we have signed brad jones on loan for 3 months.....maybe carson after christmas.

Sounds like either we should sell him or maybe use a sell/buy back deal.

Mike.

Advertisement