Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$18,000 graphics. any takers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭mac_leinn

I have two in sli! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

OCUK are taking pre-orders :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 JakTheHat

Thats the MX version. I think I will wait for the Ultra to come out and get 2 of them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

And now -- we wait for ATi to issue their "No, ours is better!!" product :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'll count up whats in the penny jar and see if I have enough to get one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

eh... what? Where did gwn.com get there sources from. I looked up the article on Nvidias main site and no where does it mention this thing is for gaming. I also watched the siggraph vids linked down the bottom and it shows the nvidia guy demonstrating the quadro plex, again, nowhere does he even mention anything to do with gaming. Aren't the Quadros primarily used for rendering and openGL, whereas the majority of games now use directx. It certainly isn't future proofing for the next century?

What was also mentioned in the siggraph '06 videos was this beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

L31mr0d wrote:
    eh... what? Where did gwn.com get there sources from. I looked up the article on Nvidias main site and no where does it mention this thing is for gaming. I also watched the siggraph vids linked down the bottom and it shows the nvidia guy demonstrating the quadro plex, again, nowhere does he even mention anything to do with gaming. Aren't the Quadros primarily used for rendering and openGL, whereas the majority of games now use directx. It certainly isn't future proofing for the next century?

What was also mentioned in the siggraph '06 videos was this beast.

Pfft, my laptop is better then that :p

I think like above we should wait for ati to come back with " ****-it we carzy cannucks will link 30 of them together in raid 0+5, And pwn more "

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

In terms of gaming, the chips are equal to a 7900gt. But they are great for rendering.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

L31mr0d wrote:
    eh... what? Where did gwn.com get there sources from. I looked up the article on Nvidias main site and no where does it mention this thing is for gaming.

Thats because they were joking for maximum impact, much like the OP of this thread...

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

RPUs and Cobalt Green tbh teach.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

id rather by a sports car and insure it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

sounds good...but still only DX9 :D :rolleyes:

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

EDIT: Jesus. Wrong forum posted in... god I'm such a noob!

Advertisement