Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bf 2142

• 05-08-2006 1:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

I've been reading up on the reviews and the game seems ok with the new titan feature looking good, its due for release around october this year but just wonder will people buy it as i know people have gotten very fustrated and upset with BF2 at more then a few occations allong the way!:mad:
    How do you's feel about the release of this new game when BF2 issuses where never fully resolved!??! :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I shall be purchasing it on the very day it is released.

I'm EA's bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I will get the demo.

That is all i will commit to unlike viri who is a slave to all things EA .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I too am EA's bitch.

I wonder can I preorder it.......?

EDIT: Even with aLL the problems that BF2 has/had, it's still the best FPS game that's out there IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

d22ontour wrote:
    I will get the demo.

That is all i will commit to unlike viri who is a slave to all things EA .
    You'll but it. Anyone who bitched about BFV's patches, and then bought BF2 will but BF2192234244020333...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

BF2 has it's fair share of problems, but it can be fun sometimes. I was very dubious about 2142 when it was announced but i saw the presentation vid and a few demo movies and it looks ok, but I guess we won't really know until we play it.

I will definately be signing up for the 10,000 place open beta when its released. It's going to have to be a really good game if it wants to compete with etqw, but i still get the feeling that EA is trying to rush it out before its competitor which is exactly what they shouldn't do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i am worried that 2142 will end up like bf2 (a mess), so i'll enter the beta with trepidation. the problem for me is that while 2142 looks fantastic from the gameplay vids and what not that i've seen, it's still not looking as good as quake wars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I'm gonna get this mother****er and pick up them dogtags, they sound fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

All together now...

"TRIBES!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

SyxPak wrote:
    All together now...

"TRIBES!"
    t2 tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Battlefield 2 is the best FPS ever despite all the teething problems IMHO.

Not too sure about 2142, I dont really go for the sci-fi type games. Not realistic because its not real.

Wavey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Ponster wrote:

I wonder can I preorder it.......?

http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11142&mid=329137

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Et quake wars is looking to be much better, it has a direction and focus that Bf2/2140 lacks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Cheers Ziycon.

The open-beta is expected to be released in the middle of this month so we'll all find out soon enough I expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

BF2 is a fun game and I'm only sorry i don't have more time to play it.

2142 looks good also. I'll be buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I kinda with Wavey i dont like the idea of playing Battlefeild Halo, to me it should be a war game not quake. Having said that i know I will bet 2142 and hate it like I did every other BF game at first. Im not sure where 2142 will go in with the clan secene either, I dont think it will have as quick a take up as bf2 did from BFV. But only time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I agree, i aint think it will take up quick at all but maybe just maybe EA have learned a few things from BF2 about how a game should be delivered and how it should be working properly before its released! Also maybe they will focus more on patches after all the trouble with bf2 patches!

Advertisement