Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just want to say:

Options
  • 05-08-2006 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Well lads, its me again. I am sorry about the way i reacted in the last thread about my website. (www.irishtechtalk.com if you cant remember who i am)

Just want to say im aware now that it was just constructive criticism!
    And now, without me crying (lol, joke) i was wonderin if you could let me know what you think of my site now. It has grown by 40 members since i was here. I now have 54 and i have bannerswapped with more thn 5 sites.

Any comments??

Thanks for your time and again sorry for all i insulted last time... ;)

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You've got too many forums for the number of members

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Seohelp

I really have to agree with Michele
    You've got too many forums for the number of members
    It's very diverse and with so few members I feel that it could grow much quicker and more naturaly if you were to merge a lot of the topics together and then split them out as particular popular themes develop.

Also, I'm not very keen on the bland colour of the forum. The grey makes it nearly impossible to read your logo.

It is a good idea for a forum and I wish you all the best with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭da4i's

Thanks guys.
    I did start removing boards but people got back to me complaining 'where's this and that' lol. So i had to put them back up to keep people happy. Im not planning on adding anymore though. The things yey have mentioned; would they be the mahor defects of the forum?

Thanks again,
    Dave

seohelp; maybe you could give us some tips on getting into google more? Saw your site, very impressive! ;) Good articles!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Seohelp

Thanks for the kind words Dave.

To be honest the people that could give you the best help when it comes to optimizing your forum are Michele @ http://irishwebmasterforum.com and Dave Callan @ http://www.akamarketing.com/webmaster-forums

They both have the experience of running their own and they might be able to provide you with some very useful advice.

Another resource would be the following link (as you seem to be using VBulletin) http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread35147.html

no probs.

Thanks for the links although i dont understand the DANI script; how to and where to edit the files.

Dave

• Advertisement

da4i's wrote:
    no probs.

Thanks for the links although i dont understand the DANI script; how to and where to edit the files.

Dave
    It's basically using mod_rewrite via a .htaccess to give your dynamic pages a static feel

does boards.ie use such an addon script to help it get into search engines??

Thanks for info,
    Dave

It doesn't need to

May i ask why? This is what i am having trouble understanding.

It's a well established site with thousands of members and hundreds of links back to it

• Advertisement

Oh so this script would be better for the sites that do not have any connection with other sites or no page rank?

Now i get you. Thanks. I might try again and install it.

Any other comments?

Advertisement