Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do you pick up hitchhikers?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

In "the old days" everybody hitched ...from Granny to schoolchildren and I always gave lifts if I could.

These days all that's left is drunks trying to make it to the next pub or tourists with three tons of gear.

Ireally hate it, when there is just one (usually girl) at the side of the road and as soon as you stop another three guys and five huge backpacks appear from behind the bushes.

So ...whoever has the money for another drink or a holiday in expensive Ireland can get their lift from bus Eireann ...not me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

byte wrote:
    The only time I'd pick up somebody is if I knew them. Otherwise, I'd drive on by.

RUU, You really are a measured guy, everything you say seems to be quite sensible. I would only do this myself if they are people I know or a hot chick wearing minimal clothing on a hot day after a sudden downpour maybe only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

I've never actually stopped for someone hitch-hiking, but I have given strangers a lift on a few occasions when I see them walking along the road and it is raining hard. Never had a bad experience (except for wet seats), and most of the time they try to offer you money (which I of course try to refuse).

Advertisement