Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hogan/Orton Match Possibly Off

• 05-08-2006 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

WWE.com says Hogan has a knee injury here. There doesn't seem to be any storyline reason for it, so I'm guessing it's legit. Which is good news for Summerslam!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

sounds like crap to me, probably a cover story for an "injured" hogan to explain away a loss at summerslam to orton,
    he says he cracked his meniscus, but you don't crack it you tear it.it's the cartlidge in your knee, and if he had it operated on now he'd be right in about 3 weeks, unless it needs serious op in which case you're talking 2-3 months beofre he could even train on it again never mind wrestle. but i doubt it's that bad or else they match would be off full stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Update on WWE.com: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/outfornow

They say he has a partially torn meniscus, and he won't be at Raw because of it. He hasn't been confirmed for Summerslam

They might be using it as an excuse for Hogan losing, or maybe to explain why the match won't happen if Hogan refuses to lose. But still, it's not too hard to believe that Hogan is actually injured

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Ah it would be a shame if that match was to be called off. I know Hogan isn't exactly the best wrestler of all time but he still can generate enough excitement during a match to hide that and make people believe that hes having a great match. I mean that Hogan Vince match at wrestlemania 19 was brilliant. On paper that had to be the worst combination ever for a match but they pulled it off. My point is, orton is obviously a better wrestler than Vince so theres still a good chance that it could be a highlight of summerslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Was hoping for Orton to do a HBK on it like last years Summerslam and overbump like crazy for the Hulkster,best part of that match for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

From the observer site:

He's in, and the match is on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Will Hulk Hogan appear at WWE Summerslam to wrestle Randy Orton?

"F*** yeah," he told WWE.com.

The Hulkster, who received an injury scare in the way of a partially-torn meniscus in his good knee, confirmed that he will take part in his scheduled match at Summerslam. He will also be live on Monday's RAW.

"I'm going to show up in Boston, which has always been a hotbed of Hulkamania, brother. [At SummerSlam], I'm going to walk to the ring with my red and yellow, stand in that ring, and I'm going to kick Randy Orton's ass," said Hogan.

the whole injury could just be a work, maybe he is actually putting Ortan over and has this as backup for an excuse / rematch option 4WM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Some reports are saying that it's odd how Hogans knee 'blew out' around the time a drug test was due on Raw. TV shows have him dancing and stuff showing no ill effects. It's all a bit dodgy.

They're not informed about any tests until they're at the building for an event, so that doesn't sound too likely, cos he said it a few days before Raw

I'd imagine either WWE have given into him and he's goin to win the match, or he'll lose after having his leg RKOed onto a chair

I'm not saying he knew or he did n't know. But figure four online had been reporting that the wellness tests for Raw were on the way a couple of days before it actually occurred.

I thought they tested guys randomly at every Raw? So what difference would it make to Hogan?

• Advertisement

Well if he was caught his rep would be tarnished, it would probably cost him his match and pay check against Orton and knowing Hogan would fall out with McMahon over it and he would put future pay days at risk. Better to be safe than sorry.

I just read through the policy, and it says all talent is subject to unannounced testing at any time. So if Hogan were taking something, the only way he could avoid it is if he didn't show up at all. He couldn't have known in advance

Yeah but who knows in advance? I'd say at this stage Hogan is fairly chummy with a lot of the backstage crew and if he wanted information regarding anything they'd give it up pretty easy.

It's all specualtion though. Who knows what to believe until some solid evidience comes about.

Hulk Hogan has 25 years of a track record of being a very smart man. But again its all rumour.

But it was on the net a few days before hand. As I understand it was the spread testing that all the Smackdown wrestlers had to take a few weeks ago which saw so many being suspended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Its being advertised as going ahead for Summerslam on US television (just saw ad).

Advertisement