Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

changing my car...HELP!

Options
  • 05-08-2006 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

hi guys...

need some help with the whole 'changing car' thing....

i've no idea what to do first...advertise my own for sale? get a loan and buy new car then advertise old one to pay off most of loan????

don't know where to start at all!!!!! can anyone help??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

lets start with whats your current car ? make/model/year/miles ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

aoife are you a girl by any chance? ;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

my current car is a toyota corolla 2000 111k+ miles

and yes mike i'm a girl ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Are there guys named Aoife down your direction Mike?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

aoife2k wrote:
    my current car is a toyota corolla 2000 111k+ miles

and yes mike i'm a girl ;)

get a loan for the new car that you can payback without any "fines" that way when you get ur old car sold u can pay it off fully

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Junkyard I was just confirming a suspicion caused by the er vague nature of the opening post! (and you can't always trust a user name see, this is me)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If you go Credit Union (I know it's not the cheapest), you can borrow the lot for the new one and sell the old one holding out for what you want for it. My' dad's always done this. You can always pay as much or as little as you like each month.

Otherwise if you have a variable mortgage get a topup at 4.**% over 7 yrs and pay it back early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Fair enough Mike, what are you doing later?;) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

now now mike and junkyard...this ain't no singles thread!!!

cheers ninety, but is there any max/min on the amount you can borrow from a credit union for a car loan??? oh and i ain't got no mortgage yippee!

Advertisement