Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any value in this BMW?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

That particular car belongs to a friend of mine, and I reckon it's one of the best kept BMWs in the country. All the work on it was done professionally, and the servicing on time.

The CSL bootlid is a lovely touch on it, as are the eibach springs, the angel eye lights and the 18" wheels.

Knowing the car, I'd see that as a very good buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

All E46 coupes are just about discontinued at this stage, so it wouldn't be a huge issue when selling it in my opinion. The 323ci and 328ci ran from 99-00, were then replaced with the 325ci and 330ci.

I know the car too - reckon its worth the asking price. Similar cars without the sports kit and interior are going for about €18k. You'd sell the bootlid for €1k if you wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭awishawash

Still wouldnt pay what hes asking. Might have a look at the 325's for a few pennys more and get a better year. Only problem really is the fuel consumption. At 2.5 what ya expect tho!:D

Pity, cause you won't find a better one...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Fey, who owns it cos when I saw the reg I immediately recognised it. I think I see it in the car park at work every day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

beautifully subtle modifications.

Very nice looking car.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

This is a Fantasic looking Car fell in love with it straight away when i saw it. Well Worth every Penny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭awishawash

Think I've found the one for me. On autotrader - Only a 318 but kitted up.
    Try this link
    http://search.autotrader.ie/www/cars_advert?country=IE&modelexact=1&make=BMW&model=3+Series
    Not sure if that works. Its a blue one in sligo '01 with 19's on.
    How do the 2 cars compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Nowhere near as nice as the 323ci imo - and a 318ci on 19's is really going to suffer performance wise. The tinted windows looks tacky and I hate the chrome trim. Its low mileage though I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

No where near as nice at all thats looks so tackey alloys arent nice on the car, tinted windows well they speak for themself really..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

awishawash wrote:
    Think I've found the one for me. On autotrader - Only a 318 but kitted up.

Those cars are poles apart in terms of style and resale, one is very stylish and subtle, the other is brash and nasty looking.

Depends what your looking for I suppose? :rolleyes:

thought I saw it before....it belongs to either Mike or Ritchie from the BMW Ireland Car club. I came across it at the Newbridge Mini Meet in 2004.
    It didn't have those 18" wheels on it then, but believe me, you'll be getting a car that was well looked after.

http://www.bmwcarclubireland.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=15

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Don't like the bootlid myself personally, but the rest of the car is beautiful.

The only thing that would put me off is the 3 owners bit. You'd be the 4th owner on a 2000 car. Could be simply people who like changing their cars a lot, but could be something else. Enough to put a doubt in my mind.

Paulo - I know he's had the car since I met him the first time 18 months ago. I think he'd had it a while at that stage.

Lex - you've narrowed it down well!! However, I don't want to comment on ownership as it's not my place.

KBannon - judging by Lexs' link, I think you could do with getting silver indicator bulbs from Daley Enterprises! Bit of a pain to fit in the Angel Eyes, though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Yeh nice car. A bit over priced just becasue its got a few extras. 323? Hmmm, With the rising prices of fuel, you will be doing a good job of tryign to sell that on. A mate of mine was trying to sell a fully loaded 325ci for almost 6 months! Remember as well at the end of the day in about 4 months time it will be 7 years old! If you realyy wanted to buy it, Id be offering no more than 20-21k

Yeh nice car. A bit over priced just becasue its got a few extras. 323? Hmmm, With the rising prices of fuel, you will be doing a good job of tryign to sell that on. A mate of mine was trying to sell a fully loaded 325ci for almost 6 months! Remember as well at the end of the day in about 4 months time it will be 7 years old! If you realyy wanted to buy it, Id be offering no more than 20-21k
    I have the same engine in my 523i and it averages 30mpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Fey! wrote:
    KBannon - judging by Lexs' link, I think you could do with getting silver indicator bulbs from Daley Enterprises! Bit of a pain to fit in the Angel Eyes, though.
    That pic was taken quite a while ago.
    I have had silvers in her for ages now. They were difficult to get in alright - lost a fair bit of knuckle skin!

@awishawash - that car is worth more than the asking price. It must be one of the best maintained E46 coupés around!

Advertisement