Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox media center without chip

• 05-08-2006 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

hi there,

i want to turn my xbox into a media center, but dont want to get a chip, any suggestions?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Softmod.

www.xbox-scene.com

read up on Krazie's UXE, or ndure installers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

is it difficult?

in the tutorials section i assume?

my plan it to take the original hd out and leave as is and but a 40 gig in.

will this work with chipping?

cheers again

PM me and I'll try to explain it more. But yeah, whatever you can do with a chip, you can do with a softmod, and it's very easy.

You need a few things

1. an exploitable game (mech assault - splinter cell - o77 agent under fire)

2. A memory card, or other storage device

3. A means of getting the modifed data onto the device

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

other storage device..... it mentions USB pen, but wtf do you plug it into the xbox :doh:

you have a pm :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Wanton wrote:
    other storage device..... it mentions USB pen, but wtf do you plug it into the xbox :doh:

you have a pm :D
    The controller ports for the Xbox are normal USB ports with a propriatory connection type, so all you have to do is rewire a normal Xbox control pad connector with the Xbox connection one end and a female USB connector on the other.

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote:
    The controller ports for the Xbox are normal USB ports with a propriatory connection type, so all you have to do is rewire a normal Xbox control pad connector with the Xbox connection one end and a female USB connector on the other.

Your about three weeks late :D

But your right of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Your about three weeks late :D

But your right of course.
    What can I say? I'm kinda slow :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

i recently softmodded my xbox and its better than ever, i reccomend it to anyone. its so simple it can be done in about 5 minutes with mech assault and the linux installer exploit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Hi Lads, just started looking into this today, could you pm me more details on how to go about this?

cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

DamoKen wrote:
    Hi Lads, just started looking into this today, could you pm me more details on how to go about this?

cheers :)

goto xboxscene.com and click tutorials for xbox then click softmod, there is a few different methods but the game exploit is the best and easiest way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

cheers Craze7, been looking at that alright, tried the hot swap as I had the tools for it. Couldn't get that to work though, think it was down to timing, didn't have the xbox hooked up to a tv so was trying to get it by disconnecting the dvd drive, powering up both it and the pc at the same time and changing ide cables on the xbox to the pc when the led turned red. Gave up after a few hours of messages stating no partition table for the hard drive found or something to that effect .:confused:

Anyway don't have any memory cards for the gamesave exploit which is why I tried the other way first, but found someone on boards who'll do it for me for as much as a card would've cost me so going to go with that ;)

Advertisement