Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kazaa will not uninstall

• 05-08-2006 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

And before the smart alecks start flying the usual insults my way, it was installed for legitimate purposes!

I tried uninstalling it after it was needed, but the following pop-up occurs:

kazaa_popup.JPG

I tried in Safe Mode and the same pops up. I tried re-installing it again and doing the same uninstall, and the same pop up...

Any clues?

Seanie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Does Kazaa come bundled with a heap of rubbish, like P2P networking for example. Is any of that listed in Add/Remove programs? If there is, remove that stuff first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Ruu wrote:
    Does Kazaa come bundled with a heap of rubbish, like P2P networking for example. Is any of that listed in Add/Remove programs? If there is, remove that stuff first.
    It does.
    IIRC, they have to be removed first.

It's best to uninstall while the computer is in Safe mode. Then perform a full (updated def's.) anti-spyware scan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

The bundled software will not allow itself to be uninstalled without the parent programme (Kazaa) being uninstalled first! I can't win! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

get yourself some adware removal tools. that will remove a good part of what kazaa installs. bundled software indeed. also, Behold kazaa's instructions. Probably a bad idea, but straight from the horse's mouth. "Just delete the files."... and prepare for a nightmare in registry land. we're trusting these pushers with our laptops?

Advertisement