Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing For Bass

Options
  • 05-08-2006 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi,

Quite new to fishing,

Heading down to Dollymount over the long weekend, I know there's Bass to be caught down there, just wondering what's the best bait/lure to use to catch this fish?

Have a few of yum rib worms lying around, anyone know if there any use for bass?

RibWorm_71_t.jpg

Also would of much look with these lures?

Lawrence.jpg

Any tips with regards to the Dollymount area much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

don't honestly know about lures, I always fish for bass using lug or rag worm, crab, sandeel and/or mussel baits , but if they can be caught on a fly no reason why they wouldn't take a lure I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭LunaC

Thanks fot the reply growler.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Those spinners may be ok from the bull wall. Some nice bass have been caught in Dolymount all right, mainly to Lug/peeler I think. Red rock Sutton is near by, and is a good bet for bass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

For bass you want to be using peeler crab, mackerel strips or sand eels.
    I'm not sure how much luck you'll have with spinning them, I'm new to this lark and so far have only been ground fishing with a heavy rig off the lighthouse at poolbeg. I'm just back after a days fishing today and caught a Pollock and lost a bass using mackerel and mussels tied with elastic thread to the hook.

Nice one lads.

Went down and used the spinners, didn't get a thing, there's some activity down there all the same, constantly seeing fish job a few distance over the surface.

Will be back down next weeks with some bait that use guys mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

where were u fishing?
    these could have been mackerel

adonis wrote:
    where were u fishing?
    these could have been mackerel

The Wooden Bridge in Dollymount, have caught mackerel in the past and these looked nothing like mackerel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

If you want to try those plugs, go to red rock mear sutton.

jd wrote:
    If you want to try those plugs, go to red rock mear sutton.

Where exactly is red rock? Have never been and have no idea where it is.

Could you give rough directions from say Sutton beach or Sutton train station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

LunaC wrote:
    Where exactly is red rock? Have never been and have no idea where it is.

Could you give rough directions from say Sutton beach or Sutton train station?

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/shore%20-%20dublin.htm

Have a look there, there are a lot of northside marks listed with directions, sutton is there too, not so good on southside but the guy admits that as a northsider that's his speciality.

• Advertisement

Blub2k4 wrote:
    http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/shore%20-%20dublin.htm

Have a look there, there are a lot of northside marks listed with directions, sutton is there too, not so good on southside but the guy admits that as a northsider that's his speciality.

Nice one :D

Advertisement