Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How Much More Will Fuel Costs Rise?

Options
  • 05-08-2006 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Looking at a few cars today with me dad, almeras civics and lancers (1.3-1.5) although i'd much rather i got a carina 1.6, reading in the buy and sell a carina leanburn 1.6 that says 42mpg! now that aint bad considering the size of the car, and i'll need it to go over to Ballyfermot for the next 5months about 20miles daily there and back from my own house, but my dad was saying that it'd be madness to get a car that size engine tax and fuel costs, now i dont know the fuel consumption for the almera, civic, and lancer, but i dont think that it would be any diffrent than 42mpg on the carina provinding i drove the carina below 3,000rpm. so would i be better going for the carina or the lancer civic almera? or will i be stung with paying out 50+Euro on fuel each week on the carina or less for the other three?

Thanks -VB-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

I did 70k in a Carina, and found it very good on fuel. It was actually better than some smaller cars I'd tried, maybe due to the power/ weight ratio. The gf's Micra is very economical too.

I rented a new Almera in Britain and found it very heavy on fuel.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

was it the 1.6?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Ive a 1.6 civic and previously i thought it sucked for economy but it doesnt seem the worst now.From an empty tank(not on the light) it takes 43euro to fill and returns 260 miles city driving and with the odd burst of 8k!

I had a 1.4 civic before this one and it was 45 to fill the tank and returned 280/90 miles on the full tank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If you are high milage and worried then buy a diesel.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

Is there a site there that tracks the price of fuel in different areas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

or www.pumps.ie

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It won't be long before we will be at UK price levels. €1.50 a litre! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

There's a station in celbridge, Esso on the clane road, drops his prices every weekend. 1.17.9 this weekend. Fill up there once a week, bobs your aunties husband.

Advertisement