Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ugly birds- why do lads bother?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

adonis wrote:
    CuLT wrote:
    It's actually more or less hardwired into the ol' male circuitry that long hair equates healthy.
    lol - thats nonsense. I like short hair on girls and so do lots of other guys.

Short hair on girls, something i'll never understand. Long hair has always been a symbol of femininity, i dont think i would be half as attractive if i had short hair.

So have big hips and big breasts - which is something that has also changed recently - it doesnt mean i dont like girls with small breasts!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

@OP Oh my god. Every time I log on to this site there is some loser with no life setting out to offend as many as possible. You must be thick if you can't see that people go out with other people for a million different other reasons other than looks. But you are only 20, your mother is still probably giving you baths at night, so your worldview is probably about as wide as the view of her tits when she bends over to soap your hair. :p

Lux23 wrote:
    @OP Oh my god. Every time I log on to this site there is some loser with no life setting out to offend as many as possible. You must be thick if you can't see that people go out with other people for a million different other reasons other than looks. But you are only 20, your mother is still probably giving you baths at night, so your worldview is probably about as wide as the view of her tits when she bends over to soap your hair. :p
    `
    i wonder who that is directed at

TheGopher or the original poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

theTinker wrote:
    I noticed about 2 months ago that i was doing split second judgments on girls based on thier looks. I always knew i liked stunning girls but i had become down right a shallow bollox in reality. I even started to just take NO interest in talking to an ugly* girl as a person in my class or being far more eager to help a fox. So i really started thinking then about this stuff and i was going through my friends in my head, It turned out i was associating with foxy girls simply because they were great to look at or watever(wink). I had nothing in common with these girls and sum of them were just ****ing stupid to be around. mindless mtv raised type of people.

I began working at overcoming this new age racism i had adopted, It was disgusting me that i ever let myself become such filth. wth is the difference between thinking sum1 who is ugly is less than u and thinking sum1 40 years old or black is less than u. nothing at all. I was sickened. It took serious will power, i'd never have guessed it was so trained on me. after much effort ive started seeing people who arent stunners as pretty because of sumthing on them, the way they move, the fact that they helped sum1 in front of me, a polite word. Just not regular 'hot' stuff. I really am trying hard to completely abolish looks from my thinking on other people(well within reason, basic grooming is essential, like combing hair)
    So I've really come to believe that although looks can provide an attraction, there are serverly misplaced views on wat attractive is, I was amazed when i got back from florida recently of how much i actually just missed was an irish girls face looked like, thier shape of the nose, thier cheeks is all different than florida girls who would normally be considered hot by anyone with a penis and listens to mtv.

Glad you came to your senses the tinker and are choosing friends because they make you laugh or you can trust them and not because they are pretty to look at.

To be really honest I dont think I have ever seen an ugly person.Almost everyone has some really nice quality about them wether it be their hair,eyes,nose or whatever.I just have never looked at anyone and gone...euwww ugly... cos ugly people dont exist. Everyone is pretty in their own right. Me and my ex boyfrind used to have loads of debates about this. Everytime Fiz from Coronation street would come on he'd be like 'turn the tv off or she'll crack the screen' or somthing rude (:rolleyes: ) and I genuinly thought she was really pretty. She has lovely delicate features.
    Saying that I went on a couple of dates with a guy in college who wouldnt be conventially good looking at all but an absolutley lovely person. But the amount of comments I got from friends and family,was just unbelievable. After three weeks I couldnt take anymore of it cos they made me feel so uncomfotable with seeing a guy who wasnt exactly Brad Pitt. Theres so much pressure these days to go out with someone really really good looking. Gosh I sound like Zoolander,il stop typing.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Lux23 wrote:

Id report this as personal abuse and ask you get a weeks ban, but people who do that are saahhhaaaaaddddd

*gets out of Partridge mode and into nasty Gophermindset*

Id ride your ma only shes pure ugly.......

As ive said before, a personality is all well and good, but if it isnt attached to nice hair and apair of eyes you can lose yourself in it aint nothing much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Lux23 wrote:

You accuse the OP of insulting people then you lash out the insults yourself.. not the sharpest knife in the drawer are ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Macker

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Id report this as personal abuse and ask you get a weeks ban, but people who do that are saahhhaaaaaddddd

*gets out of Partridge mode and into nasty Gophermindset*

Id ride your ma only shes pure ugly.......

As ive said before, a personality is all well and good, but if it isnt attached to nice hair and apair of eyes you can lose yourself in it aint nothing much.
    Sad sad person ,very full of your own importance ...pathetic really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

/me peeks into resurrected thread

Wow. You people are incredible, every single one of you. I mean that in the nicest way possible. And by "nicest", I mean "worst".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Sarky wrote:
    /me peeks into resurrected thread

Wow. You people are incredible, every single one of you. I mean that in the nicest way possible. And by "nicest", I mean "worst".
    I think you mean worstest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Does it not?

My friend is currently going out with a cracker, and shes bang on to boot. Before her, he was an alcoholic, drunk every night. He was addicted to gambling. He was doing acid, ecstasy or coke roughly 3-4 times in an average week. At one point he ended up stealing to fund his drinking. Hes my best mate but it got to the point where I wouldnt leave money lying around if he was in the gaff, he was gettin into a right downward spiral. Since he met her, hes totally knocked the gambling on the head (amazing- Ive been telling him since the age of 15 that the only people rich from gambling are Paddy Power and William Hill. Hes with a bird 2 minutes who presumably tells him the same and hes off it for good), largely restricts the drug use to the odd dance events and such and hes drinking less (like myself and everyone else, he drinks alot on a night out, but hes largely quit the fcuked up 24/7 life he used to have). So Id hardly think you can say she hasnt bettered him somewhat..

Mind you, when he inevitably fcuks it all up he will be back to his old ways again.

Of course he will. Meeting her has had no effect on him, contrary to what you say, he is still on the drugs and the drink, he is just doing a good job of hiding it from her, and you. If he had changed he wouldn't be on it at all.

TomCo, D- Generate, CoolSmileyGirl, The B Man after a shaky start this thread is finally starting to become sensible Particularly on the dancefloor if they mistake the lyrics of a song being played as somehow being in relation to them. Some arse bangin into you shouting "DONT YA WISH YOUR GIRL-FRIEND WAS HOT LIKE ME?!?!"

Your not hot darlin, your just overheated and sweating profusely.

Another awful one is when someone puts on James Blunt on the jukebox and the pissed fat oul ones think Your Beautiful was written about them.

In your opinion. For all you know they could be just having a good time and couldn't give a flying ****e what other people think of them. Better off not to care what others think of you than to be paranoid about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

anti wrote:
    The high maintanence, prissy, boring bitch tbfh. At least she will still look somewhat decent in the morning. Unlike the girl in jeans and a tshirt, You will wake up next to her wandering what the hell she is.

This is shallow but beauty > brains

That depends on the amount of slap she has to apply before she goes out. If she is the type who spends so long in the bathroom applying fake tan and make up that there are eight members of her family queueing outside the bathroom by the time she is finnished then it is likely she is going to look like a picasso when she wakes up in the morning.

The girl with the jeans and t-shirt will spend the night having fun while the prissy one will be out to the bathroom every twenty seconds to fix her make-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

It really annoys me when people say "Ah sure he's only 20" as though this is a valid excuse. I'm 15 and I don't use my age as an excuse for my shortcomings. And neither should anyone.

Personally, I would be reluctant to judge somebody on their appearance because one day I'll meet someone nice who I would like to got with. And would I feel if they wouldn't go out with me because I was "ugly"?

Lorax wrote:
    You accuse the OP of insulting people then you lash out the insults yourself.. not the sharpest knife in the drawer are ya?

The original poster was insulting anyone with a tiny amount of intelligence and morality. And as for the rest of your comment, I hope you can see the irony.

The Gopher is quite obviously an idiot if he really thinks unattractive people have any less worth to their partners then attractive ones. (I doubt he does though) A realtionship is about far more than how your partner makes you look and if you feel you need a girlfriend/boyfriend to make you look better than you really must have serious self esteem issues.

Fair enough it may all be about looks to him but other people aren't so worried about how others percieve them, he has no need to question this, some of us aren't so silly as him.

The sad thing is that there are some girls who are so desparate for a boyfriend that they will date someone who thinks like this.

A much younger but maturer poster than TheGopher said being 20 is no excuse for this kind of stupidity and they are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sgt Pepper

Thin women were considered ugly in victorian times. Full figured women were sought after. Stick your head into any art gallery and you'll find most of the women in the paintings are 'pleasantly plump'. Go back 200 years and you'll find thin women - supermodel types, wouldn't have got a second look in.

I know a lot of men who find 'stick insect' thin women repulsive. Likewise, the reverse is true also. Above all else i find super thin women to be more shallow than anyone on the planet, they've no personality, and spend their time throwing their eyes around the room to see who's looking at them. That's it. That's all they do. They're too busy trying to look cool to give a **** about anyone, or anything outside of their little boxes. Maybe that's why your friend isn't with one of them, and he chose someone he could actually have a life with/commit to - fat n' all.

At 20 you've a lot to learn, just keep in mind that many women of your age are incredibly vain, predictable, selfish - like you....by 30 {as your friend is} your priorites begin to change and you look away from women like that and find someone you actually can give a **** about, and who'll reciprocate. In other words my young friend...your friend {and his girlfriend} are the ones laughing at you cos they've not bought into the bull**** you're wading around in.

Finally, don't take the slightest bit of notice at the women calling you a 'male chauvinist pig' etc. They're far from bias free or gender neutral themselves....and too thick and caught up in themselves to realize it ain't a gender issue in the first place. It's a life issue - for all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

best reply ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

the one that got off the bus stop
    clearly her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Bright Smile

Why should women be so forgiving of mens looks and yet women are constantly judged and categorised by men?

I hope the OP ends up old and alone, impotent and flacid from never having used his willy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Why should women be so forgiving of mens looks and yet women are constantly judged and categorised by men?

I hope the OP ends up old and alone, impotent and flacid from never having used his willy.

i'd say flaccidity would be the last thing it'd be from lack of use! ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Sgt Pepper wrote:
    Thin women were considered ugly in victorian times. Full figured women were sought after. Stick your head into any art gallery and you'll find most of the women in the paintings are 'pleasantly plump'. Go back 200 years and you'll find thin women - supermodel types, wouldn't have got a second look in.

I know a lot of men who find 'stict insect' thin women repulsive. Likewise, the reverse is true also. Above all else i find super thin women to be more shallow than anyone on the planet, they've no personality, and spend their time throwing eyes around the room to see who's looking at them. That's it. That's all they do. They're too busy trying too look cool to give a **** about anyone, or anything outside their little boxes. Maybe that's why your friend isn't with one of them, and he chose someone he could actually have a life with/commit to - fat n' all.

At 20 you've a lot to learn, just keep in mind that many women of your age are incredibly vain, predictable, selfish - like you....by 30 {as your friend is} your priorites begin to change and you look away from women like that and find someone you actually can give a **** about you, and who'll reciprocate. In other words my young friend...your friend {and his girlfriend} are the ones laughing at you cos they've not bought into the bull**** you're wading around in.

Finally, don't take the slightest bit of notice at the women calling you a 'male chauvanist pig' etc. They're far from bias free or gender neutral themselves....and too thick and caught up in themselves to realize it ain't a gender issue in the first place. It's a life issue - for all of us.

What a breath of fresh air.. well said Sgt Pepper :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,739 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I told you once but I will say it again
    When you live the flesh it is the beginning
    Of the end
    It will take you in
    It will spit you out
    Behold the flesh and the power it holds
    Passion is a poison laced with pleasure bitter sweet
    One of many faces that hide deep beneath
    It will take you in
    It will spit you out
    Touch, taste, breathe, consumed
    Deja-vu. Already knew from the first encounter
    But know I know to let go of words to speak no more
    Like a wind upon your face you can't see it
    But you know it's there, when beauty shows
    Its ugly face, just be prepared

Passion burns like fire carried by the wind
    The end of a time, a time to begin
    It builds you up one way and tears
    You right back down, a time to begin
    The end of a time

Touch, taste, breathe, consumed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

this is still alive ???

The OPs post was quite simple, we're talking about women who would rate 2 - 3 out of 10. That usually means very obese. That is a LONG LONG way from full figured women. Most guys if being honest would only be with such a girl out of desperation. A 2 out of 10 girl would not do it sexually for 90% of men (at least sober)

im still with the OP
    couldnt go out with a chick i didnt find attractive..
    i dont find fatties attractive soooooo

Men are visual creatures...we consider looks important partly because we need visual stimuli to get turned on. Attraction to us is largely based on looks {at least initially}.That's just the way it is...you'll have to take it up with god i'm afraid. Men shouldn't feel they need to apologise for the way their brains work on these matters. I certainly don't. You could consider it shallow i suppose, but then again studies have shown women are more attracted to men with money - that's arguably just as, if not more shallow. A lot more shallow. An extreme argument could be made that women who 'sponge' off men are no better than prostitutes morally. Is she not sleeping with him for his money? We all know plenty of women who come under that remit. Mind you, you'll find plenty of men who'll sponge too. Women are not more 'forgiving' either, they simply put less emphasis on looks than men do. It's likely hard wired into us to be so. So why should men apologise for that?

Anyways, all of us as people judge, categorise, label, box everyone we meet. Having the ability to judge is how we get through life. Your opening question is a judgement/catergorisation of men in itself. Women categorise just as much. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just a fact. It's not a feminist issue so why try to present/hijack it as one?

I told you once but I will say it again
    When you live the flesh it is the beginning
    Of the end
    It will take you in
    It will spit you out
    Passion is a poison laced with pleasure bitter sweet
    One of many faces that hide deep beneath
    It will take you in
    It will spit you out
    Touch, taste, breathe, consumed
    Deja-vu. Already knew from the first encounter
    But know I know to let go of words to speak no more
    Like a wind upon your face you can't see it
    But you know it's there, when beauty shows
    Its ugly face, just be prepared

Passion burns like fire carried by the wind
    The end of a time, a time to begin
    It builds you up one way and tears
    You right back down, a time to begin
    The end of a time

Touch, taste, breathe, consumed.

That's one of the worst poems {?} i ever read.....it says nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

no fat chicks

vorbis wrote:
    this is still alive ???

The OPs post was quite simple, we're talking about women who would rate 2 - 3 out of 10. That usually means very obese. That is a LONG LONG way from full figured women. Most guys if being honest would only be with such a girl out of desperation. A 2 out of 10 girl would not do it sexually for 90% of men (at least sober)

Have you asked 90% of men? What your saying in general doesn't hold up under scrutiny. I have to confess that 10 years ago i'd have agreed with your statement, but not nowadays. First of all, the '10 outta 10' women are usually hopeless in bed. Hopeless. They expect you to do everything in the sack, 'cos that's what they're used to. They may look sexier, but that's about it - you get a '2 outta 10' women into the sack and she'll need no prompting - therefore, on that basis alone a '2 out of 10 girl' WILL do it sexually, and a lot better than a '10 outta 10' girl at the best of times. What's the point in having a '10 outta 10' girl if all you can do is look at her - cause they're often crap in bed {maybe if you asked 90% of men that question, they'd tell you the best looking women are usually dull in bed}. I'd prefer a good sex life, to parading a good looking girl on my arm. I think it's your ego, coupled with a sheepish willingness to conform to social norms, rather than actual sexual 'instinct' that's blurring your take on things. Ever notice that very rarely will you find an immodest overweight woman, very rarely will you find a modest 'stunner'.

Aside from that, a recently published survey in Ireland showed there are more obese men than women. If all men and women adopted your attitude society would go into hibernation. It isn't, so you must be wrong when you say 90% of men etc. Frail enough argument i put forward, i'll admit that, but it was nowhere near as frail as your statement. Btw, only a kid/teenager/wanker would be callous enough to rate anyone - man or women - by a grading/degrading system of 1 to 10. I used it in my response to you, because judging on your comment above, you wouldn't understand it 'less it was dumbed down and spoonfed to you on your terms - but for the record, i felt embarrassed even typing in '1 to 10'. How would you like it if me and a gang of blokes on these boards called round to your house and sat there with scorecards rating your mother/sisters on your '1 to 10' system. Or if a gang of women came round and rated you on looks or penis size? Are you so drop dead gorgeous that you can cast the first stone? I'd doubt you even have a girlfriend. Do you fancy yourself as a beauty queen pageant show judge or something? Why don't you post your picture on the boards and see the reponses/ratings from women? Grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

rate away if you want Sgt Pepper. Myself, I'm about a 6 out of 10. Some women find me more attractive than that some less, 6 is about the average. My sister is about a 7. I wouldn't rate my Mom seeing as she's over 50 and thats not what i'm into.

Again with this simplistic argument of comparing a 2 out of 10 to a 10 out of 10. It smacks of rampant insecurity about your own looks. For the record I agree that most 9s and 10s are overly concerned with their looks and expect the world to revolve around them.

You could instead do what most guys try to do and get into relationships with 6/7/8s who you get on with. Thus you have a girl who you're sexually attracted to and someone who has a personality.

Finally if you can get wood consistently for a 2 out of 10, you have a future in porn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭bubthatub

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Not a popular one here Ted :D *attaches flame retardant*

Just something Im wondering, but what makes a guy go out with a really really ugly bird? I dont mean one just a bit plain or with nothin about her, I mean REALLY bad.

I was on the bus today, this bird got on. Probably about 21/22, my guess being shes a retired teenage goth. Not fat, but...built. Hair trimmed to her neck length, dyed a bad looking reddish brown colour, wore thick rimmed glasses, basically the type that automatically makes the voice in your head utter "jaysus no way". So she gets off at a bus stop and into the arms of some lad who was obviously her boyfriend. And Im thinking "whats your game?"

she might look rank but he might find her personality attractive that or she is great in the sack

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

they know they,ll get sex ,ugly birds try harder they are more grateful,beautiful girls tend to be spoilt ,much more demanding ,re presents ,take me to a fancy restaurant buy gifts,sum blokes want sum1 to cooking cleaning whatever,they may think i,ll be the boss in this relationship.beautiful women tend to be high maintenance.Maybe its just easier cheaper ,less chance of rejection from some1 plain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement