Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Pop Up ??

Options
  • 05-08-2006 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

For the last few days I've been getting an annoying pop-up every time I change pages on boards.ie

It says - "timed out while trying to contact www.star-adserver.com"

I use FireFox.

Any ideas why this is now happening?
    How to get rid of it?

Cheers
    Silvera.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

download adblock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Actually, ive been getting this too, it is a right twat. Thanks PHD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

It means that the server that our advertising company uses is down, or otherwise offline. Its very annoying.

Also, the ad space for underneath the forum dropdown menu is black and in front of the forums when i try to click them. I believe this has happened before?

dickensbm2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

same as nick oliveri above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭PonderStibbons

This is happening to me too, it's very irritating. Also using Firefox. I get the pop-up when I click on any new page, and it's not happening with any other site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Silvera wrote:
    For the last few days I've been getting an annoying pop-up every time I change pages on boards.ie

It says - "timed out while trying to contact www.star-adserver.com"

I use FireFox.

Any ideas why this is now happening?
    How to get rid of it?

Cheers
    Silvera.

Get Internet explorer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Not happening to me on Firefox but then again I have pop ups disabled.

I have noticed a slow down thou because of the adserver issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I don't think I've ever seen an ad on boards :confused: lol

Definitely never gotten a pop-up anyway

I'm on Firefox BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Also, the ad space for underneath the forum dropdown menu is black and in front of the forums when i try to click them. I believe this has happened before?

dickensbm2.jpg

That particular one happened some time ago. I don't know how it was fixed but its not affecting me at this stage and I'm using FF and its working fine in IE also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭PonderStibbons

gandalf wrote:
    Not happening to me on Firefox but then again I have pop ups disabled.

I have noticed a slow down thou because of the adserver issues.

Sorry, pop-up is the wrong word, for what's happening to me anyway. It's a proper windows dialogue box, it wouldn't be affected by pop-up blockers.

Sorry, pop-up is the wrong word, for what's happening to me anyway. It's a proper windows dialogue box, it wouldn't be affected by pop-up blockers.

Yeah it seems to be a placeholder, cant see why it is in front of everything else though! When i click it, nothing happens. I have turned all possible blockers off and restarted Firefox. Same thing!

I dont really mind though. I never post much anyways. Look at me join date FFS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Ruu wrote:
    That particular one happened some time ago. I don't know how it was fixed but its not affecting me at this stage and I'm using FF and its working fine in IE also.

I think the problem with the drop down menus appearing behind the advert was because they were using flash / shockwave adverts. Animated GIFs work fine.

I'm getting the standard "server can't be found" firefox page, but the menu appears as expected.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'm getting it as well. Only copped that it only happened with boards so I came here to check it out.

Is this gona be a long term thing and is there any way of sorting it?

Running FF

Advertisement