Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable housing in Fingal

Options
  • 05-08-2006 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Has anybody recently purchased a house in Fingal under the affordable housing scheme??I had an interview last week and was wondering how long the whole process takes?How much of a deposit was required?Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hey, I wish you all the best with your application and hope your interview went well. If it all works out where would you like to get a home... and are you looking for an apartment or house? Preferably I'm looking for a house in Swords.. or else somewhere farther out but near a train station!! (or perhaps Malahide or Sutton, hee hee)

I applied at the start of December and had my interview on the first week of January this year. After 5-6 weeks (the middle of February) I got provisional approval. The second week of April I got a letter to say there were apartments available in Balbriggan and Meakstown and a few houses in Lusk. I phoned to arrange a viewing but didn't get one since I was only on the list a couple of months.

That's all which has happened so far. I'm now on the list 6 months and haven't even had the chance to see a house/apartment yet. I'm holding out hope for the new places mentioned on the website and if you want, I will keep you updated as to how it goes. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 edunne

dublin15 wrote:
    Has anybody recently purchased a house in Fingal under the affordable housing scheme??I had an interview last week and was wondering how long the whole process takes?How much of a deposit was required?Any advice would be appreciated.

hiya,
    I went for my interview just after xmas and got approved on feb 14th. Its been 7 months now and still waiting to be called for a viewing on house/apparment. You should hear something soon. Then you just have to wait until your next on the list to view places. You can turn down places and it wont go against you. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

as I've said on here before, my whole process, from applying to getting keys, took exactly a year. Applied Nov 2005, got keys Nov 2006. Think I was approved in January 2006 and was offered my first place in August 2006 which I turned down. Offered another place in September 2006 which I took. Then between final approval, snag etc it took another little while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 edunne

podge018 wrote:
    as I've said on here before, my whole process, from applying to getting keys, took exactly a year. Applied Nov 2005, got keys Nov 2006. Think I was approved in January 2006 and was offered my first place in August 2006 which I turned down. Offered another place in September 2006 which I took. Then between final approval, snag etc it took another little while.

sorry i went for interview in november started saving 30th june 2006 and got provisional approval in feb. my friend has done the same and moved into a lovely 2 bed appartment in meakstown of july last year. hers was quick enough though.....about 10mths.

Advertisement