Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband availability

• 05-08-2006 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find out the availability of broadband in my area. I contacted the government agency (Information" <information@dcmnr.gov.ie>) responsible for this who told me to contact private companies. I have tried on the eircom site to check my landline, but they want me to place an order. is there another site that may be of help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

esperanza wrote:
    I'm trying to find out the availability of broadband in my area. I contacted the government agency (Information" <information@dcmnr.gov.ie>) responsible for this who told me to contact private companies. I have tried on the eircom site to check my landline, but they want me to place an order. is there another site that may be of help?
    You don't have to order Broadband from eircom to check your line status.

Just go to www.eircom.ie, click on the ad for Broadband, and then click on the "Find Out More" button just above the list of broadband options, and you can check your line without ordering anything.

You can also check at other place - go to www.btireland.ie, click on "Home Internet", click on "Broadband" on the left hand site, and then click on "Check Availability"

www.broadband.gov.ie will give you a list of some of the service providers in your area (it's not the most accurate of lists). And if you tell us what area you're in, someone here may have some suggestions.

Advertisement