Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Book Depository - Free Postage!

• 05-08-2006 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in literature but I've just come across this website which has free postage. :)

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I've always found that Play have a great selection of books at good prices and their shipping is free too.

Actually comparing the two, Play is cheaper for the current books I'm after (Malazan Book of The Fallen).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

That site looks great. Really good amount of books plus free delivery. Orwell complete novels €17 compared to €23 on amazon for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

Good find, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Anyone used this site at all. Interested but curious to see how quick their delivery is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 whateveryoulike

• Advertisement

Cool you're the Guinea pig then :D

Another one here, ordered 4 books, this site complements Amazon well, as their blurb states, plus the free post. Lets see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

This site is great for book price comparisons - it inlcudes p&p too

http://www.find-book.co.uk

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Oh, I must check this place out in future as a possible alternative to Play.com (depending which is cheaper :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

byte wrote:
    Oh, I must check this place out in future as a possible alternative to Play.com (depending which is cheaper :))

I don't think it's cheaper than Play.com but it does seem to have a broader range of books. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

genie wrote:
    I don't think it's cheaper than Play.com but it does seem to have a broader range of books. :)
    Ah, fair enough. Still will be another option though. I don't buy much from Amazon anymore since they stopped selling electronics to Ireland.

Got two of my four today, in separate packets, one delivered by parcel post and the other by normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Has anyone tried bookmooch.com ?

Its basically a website where you send people your old books to build up points, where you can then put up a list of books you want and have people send em to you. Not sure how big it is or how well it works but its an interesting concept.

Have ordered 3 myself off them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

Just visited the site,, the site layout is all over the place?? All the icons i.e. editers corner is out of sink with the rest of the headings... and all the sub sections are all over the place.

Does anybody else see this... Looks like a relatively new site.... that needs to be redesigned.... has anybody used this site before and is it legit?

Only put up this year by the looks of things..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 lled14

I have been using the Book Depository for over a year now and it's brilliant. Much faster than Amazon - books generally arrive within 3 days. The best thing about it is that the price shown is the final price - no extras added at the end when you go to pay like vat, postage etc. And the books are always £1 or £2 cheaper than Amazon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i've used the book depository of the last 12 months or so find them great quick delivery and invariably cheap (if they have the books)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

That looks pretty good. Made a few checks there and they stack up well against others.. The free postage is a clincher.. Will give them a try this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

great site with great prices and fast delivery. recommend them highly.

I was comparing the price of a book a few weeks ago between The Book Depository and Easons (online shop) the book from The Book Depository was about €6.75 delivered to my front door. the exact same book from the Easons site was €11.60 plus €6.50 delivery working out at €18.10. €11.35 in the difference, crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

The Book Depository is deadly, I've used it loads of times since reading about it here on Bargain Alerts. Selection is good, and the prices are great. The delivery to Ireland usually takes about 9 days for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 lled14

"the exact same book from the Easons site was €11.60 plus €6.50 delivery working out at €18.10. €11.35 in the difference, crazy"

I too often check the Easons prices just for a laugh.................!
    Seriously, I can't imagine ANYONE buying books online from Easons - crazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

Easons instore can be alright, there is always a fair selection of discounted books, I got Grisham's The Innocent Man for €9.99 the other day. If its a top ten paperback you're after, try Tescos, I think The Kite Runner was €6. For everything else, the Book Depository wins hands down. Easons and Amazon.co.uk online to be avoided!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Cheers op, i lust saved €50 on college books!

Advertisement