Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What is the value of this 1991 car??

Options
  • 05-08-2006 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

What would the value of a 1991 Toyota Starlet 1L be? Mint condition, working perfectly. Without NCT or tax.

I had it valued last year at €950 but at this stage it's 15 years old so I'm guessing around €500 - €600.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

No tax and espically no NCT will greatly reduce the value of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Without NCT its pretty much worthless. Not cos its old and crappy but cos hardly anyone will buy such a without one. If its as good as you think it is arrange a test.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Max_Damage wrote:
    No tax and espically no NCT will greatly reduce the value of the car.

The lack of tax won't devalue the car by any more than the cost of taxing it.;)

Anan1 wrote:
    The lack of tax won't devalue the car by any more than the cost of taxing it.;)

True, but a few months tax would help sell it.

Max_Damage wrote:
    True, but a few months tax would help sell it.

Actually, I had forgotten that it's a 1.0 car we're talking about. When I think road tax, I think €1,089pa. You're right, a few months tax probably would help sell it.

• Advertisement

AAAHHH, the sarcasm is killing me! Make it stop!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

eskimo wrote:
    What would the value of a 1991 Toyota Starlet 1L be? Mint condition, working perfectly. Without NCT or tax.

I had it valued last year at €950 but at this stage it's 15 years old so I'm guessing around €500 - €600.

Thanks!

With NCT - c.€700-900
    without NCT - c.€300-400

Get it NCT'd!

Silvera
    (Ex-Panel Beater)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭esskay

As a recent buyer of 2nd hand cars, a car without a NCT will probably be regarded as a car with problems. NCT it and add the cost to the asking price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I bought a 91 mirca a few months a go, 3 months left on the NCT and 1 month on the tax. €400
    Put it thru the NCT the next week and the tester guy offered me €1000 for it.

Max_Damage wrote:
    AAAHHH, the sarcasm is killing me! Make it stop!!!
    ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Basically it's sitting in the garden and someone has expressed interest in buying it. If paying the €60 or whatever to get it NCT'd will increase its value by a few hundred then that's what I'll do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

Bond-007 wrote:
    I bought a 91 mirca a few months a go, 3 months left on the NCT and 1 month on the tax. €400
    Put it thru the NCT the next week and the tester guy offered me €1000 for it.

:rolleyes:
    Any chance you have yer man's number - sounds like there's money to be made outa him ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Agreed.

Fill the tank and double your money, sad fact but there it is.

I remember (not too long ago) when a reliable runner was actually worth something.

Classified ads were along the lines of: 8hp not burning oil no rust serviced last year...

And they were Austins/Fiats/Toyota Corrosions...

Advertisement