Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clunk wen pedaling

Options
  • 05-08-2006 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

bought a new bike recently, and now there is an awful clunk noise whe ni pedal on the left, also another bike i use is similiar, its not a clunk but a clik wen i pedal on the right!! anyone know wat the story is!?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

Could either be a loose crank arm or the bearings in the pedals are just a bit worn and loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Might be the bottom bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

hey man
    what bike do you have?? what pedals, i have had the same prob, its a number of things it can be, all that have mentioned pedals and bb and cranks are right, it could also be that your chainset is bent. i replaced the bearings in the pedals and greased the cranks. stopped the noise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ek6dali

As people above mentioned it could be a few things (bb, spider or pedal). However I'm just after fixing exactly same problem on my bike by simply retightening the pedals.

It appers that a didn't put enough effort whilst installing the pedals in the first place and every time the right pedal was passing the lowermost point it clicked (suppose since that's when it was release of the down-pointing pressure). Try removing the pedals and installing them again properly as you say the bike is new so you may as well start checking the simple things first.

Advertisement