Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo in a Pub results no 1

Options
  • 05-08-2006 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Players
    Group 1
    Dave,Paul,Mick,Lukas,Colm
    Group 2
    PHB,Cormie,Neil,Anto,Ken

Well after the 1st event in which 10 hardened PES players showed up with some noobs, the noobs fought well but eventually lost to the seriousness of the hardcore PES5 elite. Highlights of the group stages Neil drawing with Anto the noob (his 1st ever game). other noob Dave losing all 4 games but playing valiantly in all.

2 groups of 5 with 7 hardcore and 3 noobs playing 5 minute matches battled it out to leave 4 semi finalists.

PHB, Cormie "His Mate Colm" and Mick played out semis Cormie destroying "his mate colm" 4-0 (his mate coming tru the group unbeaten). PHB despatched mick empthaticaly 3-0 to set up a Boards.ie final.

Final
    PHB vs Cormie
    PHB went on to win 2-1 but the beer got to him as his sober opponent made it hard for him an PHBs class from earlier rounds left him open at times but form is temparory and beer goggled PES5 players just dont lose after 5 straight wins, PHB ran 2-1 winner but sort of looked a bit drunk towards the end.

Sadly Cormie and Colm used hacks and cheats the kind that enables you to stay sober (ie not drinking) and both gained semi final places, both are now barred from Mc Dowells forever :D

All in all good day for the lads, but PHB altho may claim to the champion tag for "Pro Evo in a pub No 1" and the cash prize..... he didnt play me...........

Just wait till tank Top comes back and one of us can enter and the title shall remain in PatsVille.

Marketing view: 3 from Boards.ie 1 from Saints forum, 4 workmates, 2 mates and 4 moral support drinking mates.

Thanks for coming gg :)

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I have decided to remember this tournoment for the fact I only lost 1-0 to the eventual winner rather than the fact I only scored in 1 of my 4 group games

Advertisement