Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&M's renting space

• 05-08-2006 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

From yahoo.com, here. Buy some for your companies next office party. :D
    The candy that "melts in your mouth, not in your hand" has a new message: this space for rent.

M&Ms, the candy-coated chocolate nibbles, next month will be available for corporate logos and advertising under a plan called "My Branding" -- an escalation in a war with The Hershey Company and its "Kissables" invasion.

Hershey's has encroached on M&Ms' turf with the kiss-shaped chocolates in a hard candy coating, packaged to be finished in one helping.

Masterfoods USA, a unit of privately held Mars Inc. and the maker of M&Ms, wants more people -- and now companies -- to order its chocolate candy in bulk, for party favors or corporate gifts.

Expanding its "My M&Ms" line, Masterfoods said it will charge a set-up fee of $100 and then $22.50 to $30 per pound for the M&Ms, depending on the order.

It also plans to sell ready-made message-bearing M&Ms in retail stores like birthday or anniversary cards.

Jim Cass, vice president and general manager of My M&Ms, said the business already generates between 800 and 1,000 orders a day from a database of about 250,000 customers.

"We think for sure that this business can probably handle a million customers (a year) over the next three or four years," Cass said.

Advertisement