Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorcyclist accident outside Mountmellick

Options
  • 05-08-2006 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Anybody come across that accident this evening outside Mountmellick.
    A motorcyclist had a collision with a Nisan Primera. It happened at the turnoff to Ballyfin/Rosenallis on the N80.
    I hope the guy/girl was okay. Does anybody know what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanfear

Came across the accident just after it happened last Sat evening. Hard to know, but judging by the damage to the car (drivers side front wing & bonnet), if the bike was travelling towards portlaoise, it looked as if the bike might have been overtaking and the car turned across his path. If the bike was travelling towards Mountmellick then the car may have pulled out from the turn. The bike was a wreck.

The ambulance was just coming up the road and a couple of people were around the rider, who was lying on the road, they had turned his head to the side, but hadn't removed his helmet so they knew what they were doing.

Didn't hear anything on the news, so hopefully he was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I live locally and as far as I know, the biker was okay. We never heard anything more about it in any case and we know quite a few bikers in the area.

Advertisement