Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This feels nice !

• 05-08-2006 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Going un reged for this.

Its 8 mins untill my 23rd birthday.

Im sitting here by my self,

And i have nothing better to do but type this to you all :(

What am i doing wrong ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

*Gives birthday cake*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Why didn't you go out for the night, OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Birthdays are pretty lame anyway.

Personally I actively avoid people and take time out for some personal reflection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Birthdays are pretty lame anyway.

Personally I actively avoid people and take time out for some personal reflection.

Thats awful for you. I dont share the same experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

unfortunately life is what you make of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭SexeeAussie

Happy Birthday to you.

I often take my birthday to reflect about the past year, if I achieved all I wanted to and also think about what I would like to achieve in the year ahead.

I'm a bit of a loner anyway, so being alone on your birthday isn't 'such' a bad thing! As long as you had friends and family that remembered your day and made you feel as special as you are!

Happy Birthday you young thing!
    :D;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Happy B-day

I myself h8 my own bdays. Dont like the attention on my I know it sounds weird but I h8 it!!!

And I feel like im gettin old on my nexy bday I will be 19!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Who says you're doing anything wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I spent my 24th birthday playing WoW, and didn't even bother telling anybody it was my birthday...

happy birthday:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Happy Birthday!

Everybody forgets my birthday! Even my mam forgot my 19th, That's when it starts getting scary! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

I'm 23 next month. Yay... Lets meet up and have a double 'celebration'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Happy Birthday OP. I didn't go out for my birthday this year either, there's nothing necessarily wrong with it. If you wish you had then start having a think about what you'd like to change and get out there as the other posters have said, but it doesn't sound like there's anything particularly wrong to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

0PBF22048BC-Today_is_my_Birthday.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

You've got to put things in perspective. While you don't like the idea of getting older, you've still got probably another 60+ years left of your life, so it's all relative. You're only a babby. In a few years' time, you'll be dying to be 23 again.
    Eamoss, to feel like you're getting "old" when you're turning 19 is insane! Yes, you're getting older and scary adulthood is looming but don't think that way. You're still (extremely) young so enjoy life and stop worrying. All of those who are older than you have survived, haven't they?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You're 23. Nobody organises parties for you anymore. Since I was 20 my birthdays have started with me sending a text message akin to "I'm x years old today. I'll be in y pub at 5pm. Come, I command you."

No complaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

ImLovingIt wrote:
    Going un reged for this.

What am i doing wrong ?
    I had to look up my blog to remind myself what I did for my last birthday. Now who's pathetic?
    EDIT: To be more helpful, what I did was nothing. Tis just another day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

ImLovingIt wrote:
    Going un reged for this.

What am i doing wrong ?

I remember being a bit down at 23. wondering what it was all about.
    No interest in much.
    It past. I'm sure this feeling will too

happy birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

eamoss wrote:
    Happy B-day

I myself h8 my own bdays. Dont like the attention on my I know it sounds weird but I h8 it!!!

And I feel like im gettin old on my nexy bday I will be 19!! :eek:

haha im the same! dont like the attention and im 18 in like a week:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Happy Birthday!

But why did you call this thread "This feels nice!" and use a name like "I'm lovin it" and then ask what are you doing wrong?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I turned 26 on Wednesday. Aside from texts from friends wishing me a good day it was just like any other: I went to work, ate some dinner, surfed boards and watched telly.

After 21, you make a night out for your birthday happen yourself. Personally, I just had no interest in it this year. Didn't feel like celebrating getting a year older or that there was much about the last year to celebrate. So, I didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, for my last three brithdays, I've done nothing. In fact, when I turned 16 last year all I got was a PS2 game that I played all day. I'm not even bothered! To me, B'days aren't that important!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Happy Birthday!

But why did you call this thread "This feels nice!" and use a name like "I'm lovin it" and then ask what are you doing wrong?:confused:
    The OP is feeling sorry for him/herself for having no friends and probably no life in general. They just need to get up off their lazy depressive arse and get out and make some friends.
    Doodee wrote:
    unfortunately life is what you make of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hey! Am I too late for the boards party? Well, happy birthday anyway!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

Happy Birthday !

I personally dont like making a big deal out of my birthday cause it absolutely wrecks my head when people do it with theirs:rolleyes:

where are your mates? have you got any? or are they all settled down and doing their own thing?(this might actually be the issue here)

Advertisement