Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contact lenses

• 06-08-2006 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi,

I wear daily disposable J+J Acuvue contacts prob 2-3 times a week (sometimes more often if Im on holidays etc.) I went in for an eye test today and was told that I shouldnt wear them for 10 days and then come back because there were veins growing towards the pupil because I was wearing them too much.

Did this ever happen to anyone? Did it sort itself out ok? I've never used drops in the 2 years I've worn lenses however sometimes my eyes feel really dry but I just ignored it cos I thought it was a common complaint.

Im going to America in 3 weeks and I really hope to be able to wear them over there because I dont like going out wearing glasses.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I think this falls under the rule " this is not a medical board "

p.s If your optromotist ( bad spelling ) said not to wear them, i think you should heed his advice. If unsire make another appointment to see him and ask your questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

This is not an opticians, u shud hav gone 2 specsavers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Lenses starve your eyes of oxygen, some moreso than others. Daily disposables are the worst for this. They're only recommended for 8hrs max or something like that. I used to wear them all the time when I was around 16 and the same thing happened, so I had to stop and switch to monthlies. The veins in your eyes don't ever disappear as far as I'm aware, so you'll have to be careful from now on.

There are brands which let in more oxygen (Acuvue Oasys, Airoptix), but these are two week/monthly lenses, so you'll have to take them out and clean them every day (no big deal, way more comfortable and work out cheaper than disposables tbh). So you can ask your optician about that, but make sure to do whatever they tell you - nobody wants to **** up their eyesight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

^CwAzY^ wrote:
    This is not an opticians, u shud hav gone 2 specsavers.
    :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement