Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back waxing

• 06-08-2006 12:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

I'm going on holidays soon and I've a back like a barbers floor. Should I get it waxed? Would it be ok to shave it or is it bad for it? Am very nervous about gettingit done in a beauty parlour. Any tips for me? Please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

You're a guy I presume? Have a bit of the ol' silverback growing myself, considering taking it for a shave too. Let us know how you get on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

why are you nervous of gettin it done in a beauty salon, lots of guys get it done there. Waxing would be best I'd say, but I'll be honest thats just a guess:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 mikedean

Go ahead with the waxing.
    Shouldn't cost you more than €20 and it shouldn't take longer than 10mins.
    I've had it done plenty of times. It's not as sore as people make out.

Don't shave it. It will only grow more quickly and stronger.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Had it done a few times as well. Not a big deal at all. Remember when Mammy'd put a plaster on your knee and have to rip it off a few days later? It's like that.

It's more the anticipation of the pain than the pain itself, and it's over in an instant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Definetly go for waxing over shaving, it will last longer, look better and be a lot easier to get done.

If you are smart you could talk about it with your mates, they'll say that you won't do it, then you make a bet. make a bit of cash out of it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Don't forget to scream "Aaaaahhh...KELLY CLARKSON!!!!!" - the traditional waxing battle cry as pioneered by Steve Carrell.

Did you ever follow through on this? I'm going to get cleaned up in the next few days, but the only place I can find in Dublin is urbanwax that costs €60, which is pretty extortionate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I get mind done in WestWood clontarf. You don't have to be a member, but if you are, you get a discount. I pay about 35euro each time.

I must go back soon actually.. getting a bit grizzly :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Did you ever follow through on this? I'm going to get cleaned up in the next few days, but the only place I can find in Dublin is urbanwax that costs €60, which is pretty extortionate!

There's a place at Walkinstown roundabout where you have it done for €15.

Well - got it done at Westwood. Much less painful than I expected, and was kinda disappointed that they stopped above the ass. But they were very nice and friendly, and €35 seemed reasonable enough given that it took about 40 mins...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭derdoh

Does anybody know of any places in Waterford that does it for men?

______________________________________________________________________________________________

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Well - got it done at Westwood. Much less painful than I expected, and was kinda disappointed that they stopped above the ass. But they were very nice and friendly, and €35 seemed reasonable enough given that it took about 40 mins...

:eek: 40 mins!! that is impressive...

... ? I'm 6'5", that's a lot of back :D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

... ? I'm 6'5", that's a lot of back :D

ah but how deep was the hair, is it a volume calculation?!

Advertisement