Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dya find that...

Options
  • 06-08-2006 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

... your tweaking/modding is seriously eating into your gaming time.

I have no time lately for gaming, I have hoards of games waiting to be played/finished but I never seem to get around to it. Yet I seem to spend the majority of my time online reading up on tech reviews, looking for hardware deals and tweaking/modding my computer so it will play games better.

I just asked myself today, what is the point of doing all this if it requires so much time that you won't get to fully play the games anyway.

Anyone else find this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Thats why we have 2/3 pcs set up and running at once. One to play WOW on, the other to check tech websites at the same time as leveling up a new char :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It happened to me a long time ago. :( Now all I play is GTA Vice City or Red Alert 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I find that, with underpowered equipment, I have to turn off graphical malarky & focus more on the gameplay -- in the process, realising that games are not defined by graphics.

Then again, I'm also a poor student that plays a lot of SNES emulation, so what do I know? :rolleyes:

Oh and by the time I'm finished with a computer another big **** off video card comes out eclipsing my own. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ruu wrote:
    Oh and by the time I'm finished with a computer another big **** off video card comes out eclipsing my own. :)

like this ?

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/10042/

• Advertisement

Exactly, what good is my 7600gt now! *tosses in the bin* :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I have to say, the case for that monster does look rather good...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I only do that **** when I get a new rig. After 2 weeks I am done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I just use another pc for gaming while benching tweaking etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Can't settle myself to play a game with conroe on the horizon. :D FEAR expansion pack out the middle of this month so i'll be stuck in2 that when rig is running. Start oc'ing after I've it cleared.

• Advertisement
Advertisement