Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dangerous Driving (Again)

Options
  • 06-08-2006 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

Just drove 25 miles to cover evrery artery out of Limerick and see how many checkpoints I would come across. Just home.

11:15: 1 bike, 1 jeep and one squad with only 1 headlight at Thomond Park

11:20: Idiot in Golf attempts to overtake on inside when lightgs go red at St. Patrick's Church then on outside coming to parkway roundabout outbound on Dublin road [as I'm always fairly propmt at the lights and she couldn't get away before me and pulled behing again](I don't set/like the speed limits I just don't like breaking them)
    She overtakes on the 2 lane part between Parkway and Groody.

11:25: Drive to the end of Golflinks and turn right behind her (no not stalking); She pulls into her driveway 15 seconds before I pass

11:35 get to main Tipp Rd.

11:40: see 2 Gardaí making one that was plainly drunk walk a line on Mulgrave st. (good on um)

11:45: head for Dooradoyle and back in passed Dell on the Cork road to Roxboro

11:50: Roxboro: Loon in a ***** overtakes me on a continuous white then the car infront of me (must have been doin 100k in a 50k zone)

12:00: ring Gardaí to complain

12:05: back to City

12:10: out to Clonmacken and Coonagh (got flashed cos I forgot I'd the Full's on...my bad)

12:15: Link rd. Back to Thomond Park (get call from Gardaí saying car I reported is a *********, but they'll keep an eye) [was on bluetooth before anyone says.....]

12:20: Home...check cartell.ie ---car is as I reported

Number of Gardaí seen: the 2 cars and bike having a chat at Thomond Park.

the 2 fellas with yer 1 pulled over

a squad patrolling the city centre.

Not one checkpoint!!

It just amazes me!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭pa daly

Well I got pulled at a check point last week on the link road (going from ivans to thomond park)......Was doing about 45 and that is a 30 mph zone....so i'll be getting two penalty points ffs.....

You'll never see them when you're looking for them but when your not expecting it they're there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

pa daly wrote:
    Well I got pulled at a check point last week on the link road (going from ivans to thomond park)......Was doing about 45 and that is a 30 mph zone....so i'll be getting two penalty points ffs.....

You'll never see them when you're looking for them but when your not expecting it they're there!!!

I hate that road because it's easily a 60kph road and everyone behind me always seems to think so too. but I always expect to see a Garda at the bottom of the hill. I've seen them a few times there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

11:50: Roxboro: Loon in a Volvo overtakes me on a continuous white then the car infront of me (must have been doin 100k in a 50k zone)
    You seriously need to get a life.
    Just a tip on reporting people for trivial things and wasting garda time, the garda wont do anything unless your prepared to be a witness. The person whom you reported from the safety and anonymity of your vehicle could be very likely to put you in a coma. Trust me, it happens regularly.

Some other guy might be starting a new thread about some sad person half blinding him because said sad person is too busy looking for pretty trivial things to moan about. Speeding in a 30mph zone at that time of night with no traffic,,, absolutely shocking. :rolleyes:

ps: get a life

Nuttzy wrote:
    Just a tip on reporting people for trivial things and wasting garda time, the garda wont do anything unless your prepared to be a witness. The person whom you reported from the safety and anonymity of your vehicle could be very likely to put you in a coma. Trust me, it happens regularly.

Some other guy might be starting a new thread about some sad person half blinding him because said sad person is too busy looking for pretty trivial things to moan about. Speeding in a 30mph zone at that time of night with no traffic,,, absolutely shocking. :rolleyes:

Speeding weaving in and out of light traffic on acontinuous white line no matter what time of night is still illegal on more than one level.

OK the lights my bad, but I wasn't looking for trivial things. I was trying to pass a bit of time and see if operation whaever it's called was having any effect.

I'm sure you'd be complaining about people like me who moan on boards and didn't actually complain to the Gardaí about the nutter who overtook 2 cars on a continuous line in a residential area. What if it turned out he hit someone later and was actually drink driving or high on drugs....It was plain dangerous driving. I didn't complain about other people who overtook me on other roads because it was actually safe to do so.

BTW - I have a life - I'm just a bit broke cos I was out during the week and plan to go out tomorrow instead, there's nothing on TV and Saturday nights out aren't as good as they used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭pa daly

ninty9er wrote:
    I hate that road because it's easily a 60kph road and everyone behind me always seems to think so too. but I always expect to see a Garda at the bottom of the hill. I've seen them a few times there

Ya it was late at night as well. But seriously driving at 30 mph on that road is dangerous driving imo, there is a good posibility of being rear ended driving that slow......But the ban garda made the point of a child running across the road and the amount of deaths on our roads etc cant really argue with that....Seriously pissed off though!!!

• Advertisement

pa daly wrote:
    Ya it was late at night as well. But seriously driving at 30 mph on that road is dangerous driving imo, there is a good posibility of being rear ended driving that slow......But the ban garda made the point of a child running across the road and the amount of deaths on our roads etc cant really argue with that....Seriously pissed off though!!!

I rarely drive it at night but I see where you're coming from. Even my driving instructor said it should be a 60 zone. 50 is a joke there, I don't make the rules though

I always feel unsafe so speed up to 35 if I feel I'm gonna be rear ended, but over that you're gonna get done if the Gardaí are over the hill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Don't understand what you were doing? You a wannabe Garda or something?

wyndham wrote:
    Don't understand what you were doing? You a wannabe Garda or something?
    Bit of political research for my local TD, he's on the Transport committee. Said I might as well do it if there was nothing on TV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Nuttzy wrote:

This must be the twattyest post I have read in a long time.

"wasting police time" for reporting dangerous driving ? :rolleyes:

"very likely to put you in a coma" ? So we should all hide away like mice in case the bad people give us the evil eye ?

"Speeding in a 30mph zone... no traffic...much rolling of eyes" - it is still breaking the law, no ? There could still be people on the roads at that time of night, no ? So there are no cases in Ireland of people being run over in residential areas at night-time, no ? That maybe explains the a$$holes tearing up the streets at night-time, making a lot of noise etc, because it's safer FOR THEM to do 2x the speed limit, eh ?

Cop yourself on. Jeezus, Boards really goes downhill at night.
    Ninety9er was only doing the right thing and with more people like that keeping an eye out, dangerous driving might actually become socially unacceptable - rather than the way it is at the moment: everyone turning a blind eye until something gets into the news, and then we're all up in arms about bad driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

ninty9er wrote:
    Just drove 25 miles to cover evrery artery out of Limerick and see how many checkpoints I would come across. Just home.

11:15: 1 bike, 1 jeep and one squad with only 1 headlight at Thomond Park

11:20: Idiot in Golf attempts to overtake on inside when lightgs go red at St. Patrick's Church then on outside coming to parkway roundabout outbound on Dublin road [as I'm always fairly propmt at the lights and she couldn't get away before me and pulled behing again](I don't set/like the speed limits I just don't like breaking them)
    She overtakes on the 2 lane part between Parkway and Groody.

11:25: Drive to the end of Golflinks and turn right behind her (no not stalking); She pulls into her driveway 15 seconds before I pass

11:35 get to main Tipp Rd.

11:40: see 2 Gardaí making one that was plainly drunk walk a line on Mulgrave st. (good on um)

11:45: head for Dooradoyle and back in passed Dell on the Cork road to Roxboro

11:50: Roxboro: Loon in a ***** overtakes me on a continuous white then the car infront of me (must have been doin 100k in a 50k zone)

12:00: ring Gardaí to complain

12:05: back to City

12:10: out to Clonmacken and Coonagh (got flashed cos I forgot I'd the Full's on...my bad)

12:15: Link rd. Back to Thomond Park (get call from Gardaí saying car I reported is a *********, but they'll keep an eye) [was on bluetooth before anyone says.....]

12:20: Home...check cartell.ie ---car is as I reported

Number of Gardaí seen: the 2 cars and bike having a chat at Thomond Park.

the 2 fellas with yer 1 pulled over

a squad patrolling the city centre.

Not one checkpoint!!

It just amazes me!!!

Ha Ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Thanks. I just feel a little bit safer on the streets knowing that there are guys like you out there on patrol. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

i'm up in limerick alot lately and i have never seen any gardai on the little dual carrage way between parkway and castletroy and see people tearing down there
    talking about check points i came through one in middleton co cork at about 2:30 friday night and she breathalised me only after asking where i was working (door secuity) there having fun with there new powers

Advertisement