Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody read James Patterson?

Options
  • 06-08-2006 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭

I really enjoy James Patterson's storys with the reoccurring character/hero Detective Alex Cross.

Mary Mary
    London Bridges
    Big Bad Wolf
    Four Blind Mice
    Violets Are Blue
    Roses are Red
    Pop Goes The Weasel
    Cat and Mouse
    Jack And Jill
    Kiss The Girls
    (Morgan Freeman Plays Alex Cross in the movie and is excellent!)
    Along Came A Spider

Anyone else read these? I have them listed in the order they were written - well, newest to oldest - if you care to give them a try!

L4L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'm afraid I have completely gone off his books.

While Patterson has some great story lines, I find he persists in making Detective / Doctor / Saint Cross into a flawless superman type character. Whenever the main character isn't saving the world, it is just paragraphs of Hallmark-card type mawkish sentimentality about his family and friends. I couldn't even read the "womens' club" books, or whatever the series was about the sleuthing gang of women was - absolute crap. I think my turning (off) point was one his books where a character went to Belfast, and promptly got kidnapped by the IRA - who had no problems killing people, but were too embarrased by their Catholic sensibilities to glance at her legs. Of course, there was the mention of lots dirty faced ginger kids. Seriously.

If you like the series of American crime novels, I highly recommend Michael Connelly's "Bosch" novels. The main guy is a lot more believable, and has the audacity not to be perfect!

Advertisement