Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter in Austria (Snowboarding)

Options
  • 06-08-2006 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice off anyone who can help me.

After snowboarding for the first time in Livigno last Winter and catching the bug, I`m hoping to bite the bullet and leave my job and go to Austria for the coming Winter season.

The only real reason Austria is that I`d have basic german from the leaving cert 4 or 5 yrs ago.

I`m just in the process of looking into the chances of getting a job out there, and its a bit more difficult than I thought it`d be.I was wondering had anyone here done anything similar in the past or would anyone have any advice.

Maybe the names of a few Irish bars in any resorts ye might have visited in Austria/Germany?

Currently working as a civil engineer, but I couldn`t see myself managing to do that out there,so I suppose barwork/hotel work/maintainence would be on the cards. I`ve skied a few times but nothing near the level that`d get me any sort of job out there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Advertisement