Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is this dvd player/stereo worth buying/decent

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Ps: is it multiregion and what is the actual manufactures name of this system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Thats cheap Chinese **** to be honest! I bought a double din one with 7" screen a year ago on ebay and the amp went within a few days. Had to buy an external amp then. The menus look like they were designed to run on an Atari 2600.Other than that, the picture is good and nothing else has gone wrong.
    They are all multi region afaik.

Hey zuutroy, the menus dont look too bad in the pics in the advertisement? Do you actually put a dvd movie disk into that system, yeah?

is there much difference in a single/double din unit?

Is this one better, made by Sanyo apparently, or maybe just the screen is sanyo.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Motorized-Car-DVD-CD-MP3-TV-FMAM-DivX-player-7-LCD_W0QQitemZ200011862356QQihZ010QQcategoryZ67772QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's not screen shots of the menus in the ad? I think the top unit is just the screen, then the bottom unit is the CD/DVD/Radio. I just preferred the double din myself as the flip out screen would block some of the switches in my car. As for the screen, these Chinese factories often make stuff for the big name manufacturers so that could be true.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Had an ebay spec screen before and the picture quality was crap.

Double din wont fit your civic unless the unit/s can be seperated.In this case you can mount the screen in the top were the radio was and the cd/dvd player under the centre consol infront of the gearstick where the "sunglasses holder" sits in.

• Advertisement

So what would you reccommend then Eireal. What became of your ebay spec unit, was it seriously crap or just not that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

It became sold in the buy and sell!

In comparison to other screens mine was crap,dark and blurry to look at.It was watchable but would annoy you that the quality sucked.

In saying that ive seen ebay sunvisor screens that had a good picture but there still nothing compared to pioneer,alpine and the likes.

If its cheap enough i suppose its worth a shot,kind of hit n miss really

Advertisement