Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTP Client

Options
  • 06-08-2006 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Guys could someone recommend me a free FTP client? Im using CuteFTP at the moment and I am a fan but dont feel like paying for the serial. Im looking for a client that allows you to store accounts which allows for easy switching.

Cheers

Jumpa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Filezilla

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I recommend FileZilla too.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭da4i's

FileZilla FTW ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Went with FileZilla. Looks the part.

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭da4i's

Glad to be of service :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'm still using my old install of coffeecup free ftp from 1999 :)
    Ain't broke - don't fix it etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

winscp3 ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

filezilla

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

I'm still using my old install of coffeecup free ftp from 1999 :)
    Ain't broke - don't fix it etc.

surely ftp clients have developed some what in the past 7 years to merit you considering getting an upgrade?

fireftp is my choice. It's an addon for firefox. Just open up a new tab and click on tools > fireftp and away you go. You can have simulataneous connections and it stores all your ftp details.
    fireftpthumb.jpg

if that doesn't float your boat then filezilla...if you want to pay go for WS FTP, it's good but not that much better than filezilla for the price invloved....

I use both filezilla and fireftp. It's handy to just open up a new tab and to upload files. Very handy addon....

• Advertisement

surely ftp clients have developed some what in the past 7 years to merit you considering getting an upgrade?
    That's just what the corporations want you to think... in reality ftp clients are getting worse.
    Roll back before it's too late! :eek: ;)

Thing I really like about my old coffeecup free ftp app is that I never have to reinstall it... it's one of those neat little programs that'd happily run from a floppy or usb stick (it's just 1.25MB), without needing a lot of setup crap in the registry or files scattered around the windows folder.
    It does the job and it's one less program I need to reinstall/reconfigure every time I reformat.
    You can have simulataneous connections and it stores all your ftp details.
    Yeah, coffeecup stores my ftp details aswell. (though I'm not sure how good the encryption they're using to store my passwords locally is... probably not great :( )
    And I can't say I've ever had to connect to two or more ftp servers simultaneously.

Then there's my winamp 2.7x from 2001... still hasn't been knocked off it's rightful place on my quicklaunch bar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

can i interest you in a Commordore 64? ;)

can i interest you in a Commordore 64? ;)
    loool :D

No thanks, I've got a spectrum 48k boxed and ready for when the revolution comes.... DLT ftw!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

WinSCP and Filezilla, personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

does a clean job for what i want it for....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭7aken

recently moved from cute ftp to ws_ftp. id recommend it

Advertisement