Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SKY HD, Phone Line Required??

• 06-08-2006 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

My father is getting SKY HD in next Friday, however he is wondering if it requires a phone line all of the time or just for the first connection (or if at all), thanks for your help in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I'd assume only for the first 12 months of your contract. If you have any multiroom subs, you are required to have the boxes plugged in to the same line all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

I was thinking about getting it. I already have sky+ but no phone line anymore.
    I;ve been told that the installer needs to activate the HD box by using the telephone, so i guess i wont be getting it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

sky require with all contracts that for the first 12 months of the term that a phone line be connected. This is so that they can track your viewing habbits, I suspect.

When they install the line they'll ask for a phone line but after that you can uplug it if you dont mind monthly reminders in the post and them threatening you.

personally, I have all four of ours unplugged after the engineer broke our phone line terminal, so I have an excuse... even if it messed up our phone :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Actually No. THhs changed recently. Sky no longer need you to have the phone line connected. Instead you pay €70 ish to bypass the line connection....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

we have no phoneline plugged in since the day we bought it we didnt even have a line in the house and its finethey never sad a thing

• Advertisement
Advertisement