Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should you get from Site Sponsorship?

Options
  • 06-08-2006 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi all,

I suppose i am confused. I have heard of sites getting Sponsored. What i would like to know is when your site is Sponsored, whats in it for you? They give you money...? I suppose i havent got a clue...

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

boards is sponsered by hosting365...check out the "tagline" area in the footer. They probably get either discounted hosting/domain or free hosting. I heard that the latter is true.

It depends who you get sponsership from and what your site is. If you get sponsered from a butchers don't expect them to pay for your vbulletin licence like.

If you're a charity based or a .org website then a lot of the leading irish hosts will have deals in place , that doesn't mean you go out and get a .org because you don't intend to make a profit of course.....

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭da4i's

Hi mate, thanks for that info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You've also got to look at it from the sponsor's perspective.

What, if anything, can the sponsorship bring them?

Thats another thing; what should you offer them as a webmaster? Advertise their company/site... ok... What more can you do really??

Dave

If your site is popular etc., then you don't need to do anything more... If it's got 3 visitors a month then you better start praying :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Thanks da4i's. i was going to ask that question too.

Well, i'm 14, web design crazy and need money. If I was to go around to a club and say "I'll design your website for free if I can get advertisments from local biz's, and put the on the site"

How do i go about getting sponsors? ..and How do I provide stat's from a website I haven't made yet? Will someone please walk me through it or point me to a website that will tell me....

p.s. A 14 year old designing websites for a living doesn't exactly sound too realistic, a reputation to get could be just as hard.....
    Thanks everyone

Providing stats on a website that you havent made yet...? is that possible even?
    Getting a sponsour for a local club wouldnt be too dificult i wouldnt say? All the football clubs i know of get sponsourship no problem anyway...?

And making this site for free... That would end up costing you an arm and a leg... You should get something at least imo...

Dave

Thanks for your reply. Well, I ment to say, I will design it for €75(cost of bluehost package), and not make anything from that aspect. It just sounds a bit difficult to get sponsorship from businesses thats specifically for a website...I was wondering about the stats too, unless I give rounded stats from a similar website

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Giving any stats in your position is crazy and will only make you look unprofessional. I would develop the website, wait about 6 weeks, gather stats from that small time frame and then approach the businesses....

You can get Google ads or similar in the mean time if you're looking for a revenue stream.

Thats another aspect...I wonder is Google's adsense very profitable?

• Advertisement

nevf wrote:
    That depends a lot on your site ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

blacknight wrote:
    That depends a lot on your site ...

or rather your traffic ;)

smemon wrote:
    or rather your traffic ;)

The type of traffic more than the level of it

nevf wrote:

If people dont click, you dont earn. simple as that. You also need loads of visitors as already mentioned! ;)

would adsense make a website look unprofessional? At least a local biz would look decent...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Adsense can be customised in terms of size/shape, colour and images&/or text adverts.
    Im using it on one of my sites (see sig) and its fine. Blends in fairly well.

The club I' designing for, are very fussy about what goes on, on a site that they wouldn't pay me for. That brought an idea of beingh a sponsored web designer to my mind.

I have seen all the different website that have modded AdSense into their own design, looks pretty cool. I think I might do that.

....Now I have to run it by the club and use them as "test website". That could be quite a hard task but they offer me money instead of advertising, I'll take that...even though thats impossible!

I am really just doing it to tie me over for the moment because of my age being only 14years old. There's plenty of clubs around and I've been promised a good job in IT when i get to 16. Sponsored sites will just be a part0time job for me.

If Web Design/Programming ties me over until I finish school and/or college, I'll be happy. I'm just learning PHP now and I am trying to move onto ASP soon.

Advertisement