Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear, too british???

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Thats it entirely. It a bit of a Lads tabloid show now. I prefered the old format, but then I'm a petrolhead.

Are they still doing the fifth gear show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fifth Gear is back in the Autumn.

Mike.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

well then we have the old format in fifth gear and and fun and mindless mayhem in top gear - whats the problem?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Ya gets my goat up bout the british cars being fantastic....etc.....
    Their mostly crap. Not even that when they go on about something, for example that bridge in France,they went onto say a british engineer designed it. Who cares:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not to get side-tracked but the Irish are legendary for finding a link back to the old sod.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

NiSmO wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

If that annoys you, you should really be asking yourself why you are watching a British television show, on a British TV channel with British presenters.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Surely they went to the bridge because of it being a pinnacle of engineering, like the cars they were in?
    The Millau Viaduct was co-designed by the architect Norman Foster, who happens to be British, but engineered by a Frenchman. It wouldn't matter if they were from Guatamala, it's still a genius achievement. Don't remember Clarkson linking anything British to say the F430, or the E60 M5, or the M3 CSL, all of which he loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Well what it comes down to is if you don't like what they're saying about certain cars then don't watch it. Personally I find the show amazingly amusing and believe it or not quite insightful, I find all the reviews are entertaining and enjoy them taking the piss out of the merc's bmw 1 series and rovers, it's all a great laugh.

If I want to go out (or anyone else for that matter) and buy a new car, I'm not going to pivot my decision on whether James May like it or not, I'm going to go drive the car and make up my own mind. But Top Gear will give you an idea of what these cars are like while you sit in your living room and relax.

Ok maybe they do love aston martin a bit too much, but for gods sake if we had a car company in Ireland we'd all be dying to love whatever they manufactured, just like we all love Gaelic Football (not me) because it's IRISH! Imo.

I completely disagree with the comment that he slates German cars for being "German". What about the Audi A4 Cabriolet or the Audi A8 4 litre diesel. They got great reviews, what about the Porsche GT, and all the other Porsches.

Love the show, Clarkson has me in stitches for 2 hours a day, wouldn't change a thing. Anyone who disagree's with me, don't watch it!

Advertisement