Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with user account

Options
  • 06-08-2006 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,
    I have had to set up a new account to open this thread.
    Basically I changed my e-mail address on my account on friday morning 4th-Aug. Since then when I log in from that account, I can't reply to anything, I can't update ads that I have placed and I can't open a new thread. It's lets me log in but when I try to open a new thread it tells me I don't have access to do this. I had posted some for sale ads on Adverts.ie and when I wanted to reply to anyone on them, the reply and comments option just wasn't there.

I have read through alot of the problems on the Helpdesk forum but nothing seems to match the problems I'm having.
    If you could help, it would be great.

Thanks in advance,
    Luna..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What is your other account name?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LUNA..

Gordon wrote:
    What is your other account name?

My other accout name is LUNA... (3 full stops as opposed to 2 now)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

You have to confirm your new e-mail address. Please check the spam folder on your e-mail account and see if you have an e-mail from boards.ie. Once you click on the link in this e-mail and confirm it your normal account will be fine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LUNA..

Asok wrote:
    You have to confirm your new e-mail address. Please check the spam folder on your e-mail account and see if you have an e-mail from boards.ie. Once you click on the link in this e-mail and confirm it your normal account will be fine again.

Yes I was looking out for an e-mail from boards to confirm the change.
    But I've just realiesed what's happened. Basically for one reason or another I had to set up a new mail account (my old one connected to my job no longer exists) I set up the new mail account but when I changed it on boards I put in .ie instead of .co.uk.
    So I've sorted it now,
    Thanks for all your help.
    And sorry for wasting your time :D

Advertisement