Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question regarding NCT & licence's etc

Options
  • 06-08-2006 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

I have my NCT at the end of the month, i lost my provisional licence a while back, and i haven't applied for my full one yet (i am fully qualified, just never sent off for the full one because i knew i would be moving house and didn't want to send away for it and then have to do it again when i moved, i haven't had a chance to do it since i moved).

Anyway, will i need my licence when i show up for the NCT, i can't remember if i needed it last time? Also, how long does it take to get your full licence, couple of weeks?

Thanks peeps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

took about 10 days for my licence to be issued. Don't think you need to show a driving licence for the NCT, just the vehicle registration certificate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You don't even need that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TommyK

Driving licence depends on where you get it. Some places will give it to you there and then if the place is quiet (and, presumably, if you ask nicely :)

Make sure you apply before 2 years after your test. If you look at the Cert of Competency, is says only valid for 2 years. You'll find 2 years will means exactly that - to the day. 2 years and 1 day will get it rejected and you'll have to do another test! :(

Tommy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cjs

dont need nothin only your car to pass an NCT. Get your licence sorted straight away though or youll get a fine. Your supposed to carry a licence any time your driving and if you dont produce it within ten days of requesting it youll get fine or even a summons.

Advertisement