Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

V3r Questions

• 06-08-2006 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭

I have a V3r, (i.e. says V3ROHS on the sticker under the battery) from Meteor.

Can other V3 / V3r owners (not only on meteor) tell me if in Tools menu there is an option called "SIM apps". There is a reference to this in the users manual. I have a problem with the phone and am wondering if the absence of this option is the cause

I'm just wondering if it's unique to Meteor or just a general feature of the V3r

When you reply, tell me what model you have?

Thanks in advance

Comments

New 32k Meteor SIMs don't have this option anymore. If you put an old 16k SIM in it would appear at the top of the Office Tools menu but the new ones just don't have it.

I have a Nokia 6680 and a Motorola V535. If I put the Meteor SIM into either, the SIM apps disappear but if I put in a Vodafone, O2 or old Meteor one it shows up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Oh and I think your V3 might be the V3i version (if it has a megapixel camera... if not then it's just the plain V3).

Nice to see Meteor trying to increase their mobile phone range :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

The phone is a newer version of the V3 with a new 0A.30 bootloader and R4515 software (try pressing *#9999# on phone). It is compliant with the RoHS directive. With the new software it is being called V3r

I realise that SIM apps is not supportrd by the Meteor cards. For instance if you put a new Voda or O2 card into a Nokia phone there is an extra menu item called Voda / O2 services.

What I'm trying to establish here is if the V3r sold by Voda or O2 has the SIM app activated. Look in Menu>>(Office)Tools. I am guessing if it is on your phone, by pressing SIM apps, various sevice numbers will be shown. Then by selecting one the phone connects to this service eg credit balance

Any owners of V3 from O0 / Voda, please report back

Advertisement