Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The eL is really rubbish, says has-been Collins

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Like wat ppl said over on foot.ie he is a Clown of the highest order!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Never bite the hand that feeds you.

The only way he will get a job over here is if his mate (mileson) buys a club (Rovers would probably be cheapest option? ) thank god he wont get Pats anytime soon.

Sure he managing Brazil soon enough anyway, his record of relegating his last 3 clubs cant be matched.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Bitter anyone?

If the league is so rubbisg, imagine being a manager that got his team relegated from it TWICE!!!

He must be a REALLY sh*t manager!!

(Didn't he also ger carlile (sp?) relegated from the football league too?)

[edit]Beat me to it kdjac :o[/edit]

Yup he got them relegated too.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

eamoss wrote:
    Like wat ppl said over on foot.ie he is a Clown of the highest order!!

I think you're being a little to kind to him . Roddy sees the league as worse than it is , he thought Carlton Palmer would be good enough for the league :rolleyes: and he would have..........about 10 years ago .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

"This is all why I got out of it." :D

Yes I'm sure it was all that and not repeated relegations and the fact nobody would touch him at this stage.

Slash/ED wrote:
    "This is all why I got out of it." :D

Yes I'm sure it was all that and not repeated relegations and the fact nobody would touch him at this stage.

Not exactly true, his mate was minutes away from buying us (while Roddy was at Rovers and in Richer trying to get the deal done for Mileson, top guy eh?).

Part of the deal was Roddy as manager, scared the bejeebies outta me. Our chairman pulled out and gave Johnny mac a new 3 year deal.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Apparently Roddy sitting with Gretna's contact who was scouting Derry v Bray Wanderers ahead of the UEFA Cup game on Thursday , he was also giving him information on Derry .

So the best thing to do now would be to rush down to the bookies and place all your money on Derry City , and someone should tell Roddy the league is going to find it harder progress in Europe if we have people trying to help teams from other countries go through .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Nick wrote:

(Didn't he also ger carlile (sp?) relegated from the football league too?)

[edit]Beat me to it kdjac :o[/edit]

Actually no he didnt... He won the LDV Vans throphy with Carlisle, was sacked durining the summer after (after having survived relegation) and they were relegated the following year, he did howver completely **** the team up, and if he'd been left in charge the would have been relegeted by christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

God I wish RTE would re-run that documentary they did on him while he was at Carlisle, think there were four parts to it and every one of them was comedy gold.

'OK guys win the LDV Trophy and I'll get yis all a nice tin of fruit!!' *cue bunch of english lads looking at him like he's lost it* He's a ****ing eejit, bless him :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I remember him on the late late and him sayin that by the end of his manging career he would've managed celtic and Ireland. God help us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I remember him on the late late and him sayin that by the end of his manging career he would've managed celtic and Ireland. God help us.

That'd put a smile on my face if he'd gotten that job. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

you cant be a has-been if your a never-were

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

el rabitos wrote:
    you cant be a has-been if your a never-were

Has anybody ever see "The Mighty Ducks"?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

they play in the eircom league right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

One thing about Collins he always had an almighty mouth. Definitely a pikey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

The best part of him obviously ran down his mothers leg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I would say there has been a sharp upward curve since 2000 and not just the last couple.

This coincides with more full time professionals and recently the Summer Football.

This coincides with more full time professionals and recently the Summer Football.

Exactly every pro team has won at least once, since they went pro. Good interview with Keegan off Drogs in todays Star about Pros and Europe.

Anto Mc Theres no place for comments like that on boards.ie regardless of subject.

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement