Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCI Coolock

Options
  • 06-08-2006 2:50pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have not been to the UCI Coolock in years never liked it even when it was new.I am more of a UCG/Cineworld goer myself,I love the place.But some times when I am pushed for time the UCI Coolock would be much better option time wise.

I have seen a few advertisement's that they have done it up,so I am thinking about giving them one more opportunity for my custom.Has anybody been to the "new look" UCI Coolock...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

Full Keyboard please.Dub13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jesus, what is the problem here ^^

Anyway, it's still pretty much a building site Dub13. The new seats are weird, in that they are kind of hard, but malleable, in that they kind of slowly fit around your arse groove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

^CwAzY^ wrote:
    no bt i bn 2 d "new look" 1 in blanch, is nt dat much diff, 2 r 3 new rows of "premium seats" dat lk exactly d same..
    You're really just trying to piss people off now aren't you?Every single post of yours is like this, you're always asked to use the full keyboard infront of you and yet you still carry on with this sh1te.
    Troll tbh.
    ffs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Finished now, I think its nice, doesnt smell of puke anymore, very blue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

UCI Tallaght has also been renovated in the same way -- premium seats, new Ben & Jerry's, and the Pick n Mix will be moved over to B&J's too. I think they're putting some games where the P&M currently is.

Premium seats are a pain in the arse for employees like myself:p, but they're more comfortable IMO (and that's the general response from customers too).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Eh for the better i suppose.Cleaner but for how long.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Snowbie wrote:
    Eh for the better i suppose.Cleaner but for how long.

There is apparently a new one going up beside us in the new Capital North development.The sooner the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Do the security staff still interrupt each film by incessently walking through the auditorium during the screening? That used to píss me off and stopped me going there. It doesn't happen in any other cinema I go to. I brought it to the managers attention a few times but he said that security was paramount! WTF? Is George Bush secretly in there??

Dub13 wrote:
    There is apparently a new one going up beside us in the new Capital North development.The sooner the better.

New one is Swords soon also. :)

It certainly is/was one of the worst cinemas in Dublin,IMO.

• Advertisement

New one is Swords soon also.

So I hear....any news on when this will be open...?

Dub13 wrote:
    So I hear....any news on when this will be open...?

There's talk that it will be up and running for the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Dub13 wrote:

Bit of luck,hopes its prices is lower than the UCI,a bit of competition.
    Cost me 40 lids for a family trip one saturday afternoon,thats me her and the 3 kids to see a flick and grub.Christ its expensive.Learnt me lesson though,i wont bring her next time.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭markpb

I live half way between Omni and UCI Coolock and I'd love to use either of them now that they've both been done up but my Cineworld card makes it so hard to change ;o) How come no other cinema has something like this?

I used to have a Cineworld card a few years ago but then I bambinos came along so I was not getting the uses out of it.How much are they a month now...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

i was at the uci on saturday its nice and clean but i just couldnt get comfortable in the seats and theres a big lack of leg room i had to sit with my legs in the aisle otherwise its alright

• Registered Users Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭markpb

Dub13 wrote:
    I used to have a Cineworld card a few years ago but then I bambinos came along so I was not getting the uses out of it.How much are they a month now...?

17.50 a month, they went up by 1.50 after Cineworld took over. An adult ticket is 9.20 so even two films a month make it worthwhile.

markpb wrote:
    17.50 a month, they went up by 1.50 after Cineworld took over. An adult ticket is 9.20 so even two films a month make it worthwhile.

When they first started it was 9.99 punts a month this was maybe 6 years ago so the price now is not to bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Do the security staff still interrupt each film by incessently walking through the auditorium during the screening? That used to píss me off and stopped me going there. It doesn't happen in any other cinema I go to. I brought it to the managers attention a few times but he said that security was paramount! WTF? Is George Bush secretly in there??

No but we get lots of pikeys!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

There's talk that it will be up and running for the winter.

Id be amazed if that was the case,l the place is a building site and most of the side and back of it is still at structure stage...so they wanna start drinking their lucozade :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It's a silly idea. The knackers will have it back in ****e in a matter of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I've been there twice, its okay, the screens are a bit moved around but mostly the same except with very hard seats.
    I wouldn't be bothered paying €10 odd for the "premium" seats and even the other seats at €9odd are more expensive than most other places.
    Its a lot nicer than it used to be though and smells much nicer.
    I like the omni, so much leg room and they sell buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Ah but Omni has no butter on the popcorn. Was in the cinema in Dundrum a couple of weeks ago, comfiest cinema seats I've ever been in, worth a trip out on the Luas if you work/live in town and if you go Monday to Thursday you can get a meal in that Bennigan's place with cinema ticket thrown in for a score, not bad

Collie D wrote:
    if you go Monday to Thursday you can get a meal in that Bennigan's place with cinema ticket thrown in for a score, not bad

Seems like a very good deal,what the grub like in Bennigan's...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I hadn't gone to UCI Coolock for about 18 months due to having the Cineworld unlimited card but I went along the other night. The place looks ALOT better, better lay out, foyer looks more pretty. Inside the screens things look good, funky blue lights on the steps, a huge view (you won't get a better view) but the seating was awful. The 'premier' seats were big but rottenly hard and uncomfortable and the leg room was out of proportion in terms of the size of the seat which made the leg room uncomfortable.

Sad to think they've spent loads of cash on doing the place up and they've messed it all up on poorly desgined seats. Costs are extortionate so I'll be sticking with Cineworld for the time being

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Dub13 wrote:
    Seems like a very good deal,what the grub like in Bennigan's...?

Not bad, it's just one course and the menu for that deal is very limited but if you appreciate a good burger I recommend it

Collie D wrote:
    Not bad, it's just one course and the menu for that deal is very limited but if you appreciate a good burger I recommend it

I lover a good burger unfortunately I am on the Northside so I will not be availing of this offer.

I don't understand why they did not make all seats like the premier ones,it a bit of a joke IMO.You just cant beat Cineworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

I have not been to the pics in over 2, maybe 3 years :eek: :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the new seats are very uncomfortable, its very expensive for the suburbs and cold even during the recent heatwave, i saw superman (wish i had not) there recently and it was my worst cinema experience since the star in cork city many years ago. i live in raheny but ill be going to town or swords from now on

go see warrior king in parnell street if it is still showing, you will be blown away. esp. if you liked ong bak

Advertisement