Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

International Text Messaging Best Trariff

• 06-08-2006 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Okay I am currenly on O2 Active Live 500 which is great for usage within Ireland but my Girlfriend lives in Scotland hence a lot of text messaging about 700 to 800 a month.

Is there any Irish Mobile Provided tariff (Bill Pay) that does international bundles as it is costing us both a mint.

I use the 250 Online texts so saves around 62 euros a month but would move to another network if I could get a deal.

Anyone do this at the moment ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

there aren't any international text bundles, but meteor do international texts for 15c. the drawback is that they don't do international web texts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Shame we don't have something similar to this.....

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/paygo/paygoboltons0153

"International Caller Bolt On Call from the UK to abroad from 5p per minute and text for 10p £4.99 one off payment Call 2425 free or text 'INTERNATIONAL' to 21300 to subscribe"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

You can go onto an O2 business tariff where international texts are 8cents -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

I use my O2 webtexts to send abroad but I guess if you havnt a pc handy its a pain. What about buying a UK SIM on O2 then it might be cheaper and you could top up here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭fuse

Seen this thread in Bargain Alerts last week.
    Maybe an option...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054970659

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭irishproduce

As detailed above, business plans with O2 carry options of 8c texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

Why don't you get a three O2 speakeasy cards so you can send 750 texts / month or try hooya.com professional or you could try out the art of conversation with the girlfriend and get her an Irish mob with no roaming charges in Britain, you ring her and say the contents of a 160 character text in 10 secs for 3c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

Three is not a good choice for forign texts, as you can't send texts to many networks. E.g. vodafone (outside of Ireland), any network in Spain, etc.

So if you think of using them, check it will work first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

O2 Unfortunately will not let me goto a business tariff as it would be better...

Aw well have to stick with the current tariff and see what other service proivders are doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Explain your position to O2 on the phone and motion that you're leaving for Vodafone/3/Meteor etc.

You'll find most networks will generally show a little leeway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

I have created a J2ME application which allows you to use your webtexts from your mobile. International texts cost a fraction of a cent. Currently O2 only.

See this thread;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054984709

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Flying wrote:
    Okay I am currenly on O2 Active Live 500 which is great for usage within Ireland but my Girlfriend lives in Scotland hence a lot of text messaging about 700 to 800 a month.

Is there any Irish Mobile Provided tariff (Bill Pay) that does international bundles as it is costing us both a mint.

I use the 250 Online texts so saves around 62 euros a month but would move to another network if I could get a deal.

Anyone do this at the moment ?
    Buy a few more sim cards and use them only for international texting, get 250 per sim. All you need to use then is a username/password for o2. Use the app then in the thread above to send them.

Advertisement