Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Tribune article

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

Undergod wrote:
    Anyone remember the tv interview for Den News in '03? Where I got interviewed and they raped it into stupidity. It was editied to make us look like losers. I was pissed.

Was that the one with:
    "They find school too slow"
    "They go to special classes"
    <where the bold words were really emphasised>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Anyone else remember Duddys sketch?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mocha One Sugar

i tought the article was a load of ****e (god for Talented Youth i REALLY know how to get my argument across!:)) and totally unfair.
    it really portrayed us as losers who willingly go to school in the Summer...
    cos we ain't that at all!!!!!!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Cronus333

Didn't Sian refuse to be interviewed for the Tribune article? Most likely right as well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

i would agree to interview, then answer each question with annother question, turning the topic from how nerdy we all are to... "and how do you feel about that?"

but then, i am the one who likes angry mobs, so what do i know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Not how to use a question mark, it seems...

But yeah, that would be amusing if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Raphael wrote:
    Anyone else remember Duddys sketch?

Of course!!

Duddy: "How many friends do you have in Iraq?"

"None"

Duddy: "NO FRIENDS!!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Soooo, out of 4 or 5 sketches only one presents CTYI as not being full of nerds....

Think its time to take the hint guys....

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

What's wrong with being nerds? It doesnt have to be a derogatory term. And besides, we're going to be the ones defending them when they get sued for libel, or saving their lives when their lifetime of coffee and cigarettes gets to them, or inspiring their stories in 10 years' time.

ColHol wrote:
    Soooo, out of 4 or 5 sketches only one presents CTYI as not being full of nerds....

Think its time to take the hint guys....

I like how you think!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I love being a nerd. If I wasn't a nerd, I would never be sitting at a computer at 5:30, having not slept the night before, eating weetos and watching star trek. Why would I have issues with being called what I am and what I enjoy being? It's being portrayed as an anti-social nerd who has nothing better to do during the summer than learn which bothers me.

I have a society-given right to irregular sleep patterns, an eclectic but large store of knowledge and trivia, a taste for roleplaying, and an interest in computers, mathematics and science. I embrace these gifts!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Undergod wrote:
    I have a society-given right to irregular sleep patterns, an eclectic but large store of knowledge and trivia, a taste for roleplaying, and an interest in computers, mathematics and science. I embrace these gifts!

There used to be great articles on 'Nerd' on wikipedia, but now they've been changed.

If that isn't the most nerdy sentence in the world, I dont know what is.

Is 'nerdy' a real word?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Spraypaint wrote:
    What is inexplicable about it? It makes perfect sense. They go to press without even asking one of the people in the dressing-gowns why they are dressed as they are, or even consulting wikipedia. Thats just sloppy journalism. The Indo would have gotten the facts straight.

In '04 the Indo portrayed us much worse, it has to be said. The hats mentioned in the article were mine! *is very proud*

Yeah, Kevin, it is. If it's not, we could be nerdy about it and say it's a neologism.

Advertisement